This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Class of 20Something
jbock13 wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:His presence made things lively. Divergent viewpoints are a good thing in the midst of board discussions. Otherwise boredom sets in quickly.
But he said things I don’t agree with and it makes me so angry!!!! :D
LOUD NOISES!!!
By CCWMichael
In the fray and begin revealing my arse. Let me say from the start I can find a multitude or reasons not to like many positions taken contrary to mine. Let’s assume I own a business that sells the infamous widget. I do not like the union and I do everything in my power to keep the union out. No work on Sunday, religious holidays, liberal PTO, build relationships with my employees, and frequent merit based performance bonuses.
Now, some redacted decides to publicly publish that they desire to enter my business in protest because they think I should be inclusive in a more intense manner, like supporting May Day, Boxing Day, and does not like my Libertarian leanings. This individual enters my business and I see the potential for harm to my business but more importantly my stakeholders. I will do what I deem necessary to protect my business.
One does not need to approve of my choice but should be well enough to recognize the rounded approach required to make that choice.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:In the fray and begin revealing my arse. Let me say from the start I can find a multitude or reasons not to like many positions taken contrary to mine. Let’s assume I own a business that sells the infamous widget. I do not like the union and I do everything in my power to keep the union out. No work on Sunday, religious holidays, liberal PTO, build relationships with my employees, and frequent merit based performance bonuses.
Now, some redacted decides to publicly publish that they desire to enter my business in protest because they think I should be inclusive in a more intense manner, like supporting May Day, Boxing Day, and does not like my Libertarian leanings. This individual enters my business and I see the potential for harm to my business but more importantly my stakeholders. I will do what I deem necessary to protect my business.
One does not need to approve of my choice but should be well enough to recognize the rounded approach required to make that choice.
Legally you have to allow Union representatives onto your place of business if they want to try to Unionize. Your employees don’t have to but you can’t arrest the organizers
By CCWMichael
Purple Haize wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:In the fray and begin revealing my arse. Let me say from the start I can find a multitude or reasons not to like many positions taken contrary to mine. Let’s assume I own a business that sells the infamous widget. I do not like the union and I do everything in my power to keep the union out. No work on Sunday, religious holidays, liberal PTO, build relationships with my employees, and frequent merit based performance bonuses.
Legally you have to allow Union representatives onto your place of business if they want to try to Unionize. Your employees don’t have to but you can’t arrest the organizers
Legally, yes. At least I was taught that in business school. However, if a threat is made against my it is illegal for the union to intimidate or threaten (for this loose conversation). The union conversation could be fun but that should be another thread.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The guy was a publicity whore but I wasn’t aware of any threats
By CCWMichael
Purple Haize wrote:The guy was a publicity whore but I wasn’t aware of any threats
Technically Liberty University is private property. True threats are anything that incite violence or are law breaking. Unauthorized prayer meeting? I must emphasize I can extrapolate on this is much more detail but that should be reserved for time before the hose(r) game.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]