This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
16 years. I don't know if we still post on the Anniversary but I'm doing it anyways. I don't want it to get lost. I guess it hit me watching a video of a friends kid driving to school for the first time how long it has been. That child has known nothing else.
That day doesn't seem that long ago
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Life has certainly been changed since that day. I remember thinking that day how could this have happened here. It seemed unreal. Now I just wonder when it will happen again.
By Class of 20Something
Go-to an airport. They haven't forgotten.

I was 10, my parents had finalized their divorce a couple weeks earlier. Mom and I got pizza from our authentic NY pizza place to give them our support. It didn't really hit until that weekend when I saw my dad and really put together that he grew up in Queens that it hit me.

Dad pulled out an old scrap book, about halfway through was a collage of faded pictures creating a panorama of the skyline from the WTC. He started balling at the realization that no one could take that panorama again.

I have never seen our country more unified, broken, resilient and reserved all at the same time.

The wound is a scar that constantly reminds us of what happened. It doesn't hurt like it used to, but we are forever changed.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If my math is correct, most of our LU freshmen were age 2 went it happened.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]