This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Just a completely random question. Has site traffic to the message board and A Sea of Red in general seen an increase in traffic recently since the FBS announcement?

I have noticed that things seem more active around here and I was just curious.
By cruzan_flame13
It has increased a little. I believe as LU improves and start making an impact on the field, then a lot more supporters will come out of the dark.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
For the time of the year, normally our slowest, site traffic has been incredibly high. May was on par with a typical football month.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That is awesome. It seems like there is way more activity wrong here than there normally has been during the summer months in years past. I like having more people to argue with.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:That is awesome. It seems like there is way more activity wrong here than there normally has been during the summer months in years past. I like having more people to argue with.
Yeah. You might even start to win a few :checkeredflag :cheerleader :pbjtime
By Class of 20Something
thepostman wrote:In my mind I win every argument and that is really all that matters.
Be Careful. Someone will turn it into an argument about moral relativism.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:In my mind I win every argument and that is really all that matters.
It's how I feel in negotiations with Mrs Purple
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Negotiations: meaning Mrs. Purple tells you how its going to be, and you just tell yourself something different so you feel better.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Negotiations: meaning Mrs. Purple tells you how its going to be, and you just tell yourself something different so you feel better.
:D
The big guys always end up being the softies!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:]
Purple Haize wrote:
:D
The big guys always end up being the softies![/quote]

I like to think her 'suggestions' become my 'decisions'
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
interesting. the only parts of this site that i ever use, offtopic and non lu sports is basically a dead sea of lameness.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i'm apart of at least a half dozen specific team/specific area sports forums and their off topic forums and national sports talk forums are just as busy as all the rest of them. but as i said, thats basically non existent here. thats why i said it was interesting considering thats all i frequent here.
By Class of 20Something
RubberMallet wrote:i'm apart of at least a half dozen specific team/specific area sports forums and their off topic forums and national sports talk forums are just as busy as all the rest of them. but as i said, thats basically non existent here. thats why i said it was interesting considering thats all i frequent here.
I have Reddit for that. There aren't many people sporting flame flair there though.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Happy you show up, but why come here at all then?

If the only area you use is dead, and you frequent other sports sites, why not just use those? Not trying to chase you off, just wondering and attempting to understand.
Because when those pages are active it's interesting, and it helps to keep some connection to the school for alumni. Are there non-sports message boards for LU that he should go to? I don't see the point of questioning his statement.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Happy you show up, but why come here at all then?

If the only area you use is dead, and you frequent other sports sites, why not just use those? Not trying to chase you off, just wondering and attempting to understand.
I have a few watering holes that i always know a few of my buds from school will be at. not great buds but guys i enjoy talking to occasionally. i have no reason to be there but check in. and i do occasionally when i've got a few moments.

seems not so absurd.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Glad you are here for whatever reasons you choose. Your takes provide frequent levity when the board gets tense or slow.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i was born and raised in big 10'ville, i was bathed in Liberty for 3 years then moved back to big 10'ville. While with the information age, that shouldn't be much of an issue, outside of here, i literally have 0 people that i can talk about Liberty sports with. and only doing so in a message board fashion isn't always the cats meow.

so a lack of real life community has stunted my Liberty fandom. I have a family of UofM fans, a collection of friends from all over the big 10 that makes that fandom interesting. i bet if i had that with Liberty i'd be bout it bout it. but i don't.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:i was born and raised in big 10'ville, i was bathed in Liberty for 3 years then moved back to big 10'ville. While with the information age, that shouldn't be much of an issue, outside of here, i literally have 0 people that i can talk about Liberty sports with. and only doing so in a message board fashion isn't always the cats meow.

so a lack of real life community has stunted my Liberty fandom. I have a family of UofM fans, a collection of friends from all over the big 10 that makes that fandom interesting. i bet if i had that with Liberty i'd be bout it bout it. but i don't.
Next time you come to Lynchburg, DM me. We can go to a watering hole and talk about our Jordan collections.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]