This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It still casts a chill over longtime Austinites. Did the documentary show any clips from the awful movie "Deadly Tower" that featured a very young Kurt Russell as Charles Whitman? I'll bet they used a bunch of KTBC footage with Neil Spelce. That's the station I worked for in Austin ... albeit decades after the fateful day.

Mrs. Sly did stories on the first public viewings of the observation deck three decades after the shootings. It shows how sensitive UT was to have the deck closed for so long.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:It still casts a chill over longtime Austinites. Did the documentary show any clips from the awful movie "Deadly Tower" that featured a very young Kurt Russell as Charles Whitman? I'll bet they used a bunch of KTBC footage with Neil Spelce. That's the station I worked for in Austin ... albeit decades after the fateful day.

Mrs. Sly did stories on the first public viewings of the observation deck three decades after the shootings. It shows how sensitive UT was to have the deck closed for so long.
Have you seen it yet? They ran it on PBS and I taped it. They did an interesting thing with animation. Like cartoon animation. Good soundtrack. Lots of 1st person accounts. I can see why this won a pant load of acclaim.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]