This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I know we have a thread somewhere but I will start another.

Tonight on Esquire TV Network (Check you local listings) the greatest reality show since Season One of MTV The Real Life premieres Season 4. That's right FRIDAY Night TYKES is back on!!! Haven't seen the first 3 seasons? You can stream them. You won't be disappointed. This shown is so good there is even a spin off 'FRIDAY Night TYKES: Steel Country'.

Also, this is a good place to discuss any new shows coming on like the new 24
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Really have enjoyed these new shows: MacGuyver, Lethal Weapon and Designated survivor. also just started the Great indoors. which is pretty funny.
Still love all 3 NCIS, Scorpion, Hawaii 5-0, elementary and Big Bang
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
My tv watching has been really limited of late, mostly just football, soccer, & ufc consistently. But I have been watching 'Shooter' on USA. Really good show. The first season just ended last night and was only 10 episodes.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
we are in season 2 of person of interest which we enjoy. after that stranger things, then after that continue on blacklist. shooter looks really good too. we avg an episode every other night though. slow going.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I know this is supposed to be a television Renaissance but I really haven't found much I like since breaking bad. I mostly watch old shows I like. But I have found The Crown to be really good on Netflix. It seems like it would be boring but it's fascinating what a bizarre life royalty lives. I plan to start Sneaky Pete on prime as I've read good things about it. Stanger Things was really good.

Friday Night Tykes is pretty good. Im just in awe of how skilled those kids are. When I was that age nobody could throw or catch in a real game.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Just finished up Medici. I love costume pieces but feel that unnecessarily tinkering with history as part of creative license is wearing thin on me.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Just finished up Medici. I love costume pieces but feel that unnecessarily tinkering with history as part of creative license is wearing thin on me.
Oooookkkkk....... Explains a lot :speakhearsee
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:I know this is supposed to be a television Renaissance but I really haven't found much I like since breaking bad. I mostly watch old shows I like. But I have found The Crown to be really good on Netflix. It seems like it would be boring but it's fascinating what a bizarre life royalty lives. I plan to start Sneaky Pete on prime as I've read good things about it. Stanger Things was really good.

Friday Night Tykes is pretty good. Im just in awe of how skilled those kids are. When I was that age nobody could throw or catch in a real game.
watching little children develop CTE as soon as humanly possible seems like great television.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:
LUconn wrote:I know this is supposed to be a television Renaissance but I really haven't found much I like since breaking bad. I mostly watch old shows I like. But I have found The Crown to be really good on Netflix. It seems like it would be boring but it's fascinating what a bizarre life royalty lives. I plan to start Sneaky Pete on prime as I've read good things about it. Stanger Things was really good.

watching little children develop CTE as soon as humanly possible seems like great television.
Have you watched it? They actually deal with that. A couple of coaches even get suspended for not teaching proper techniques
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: Friday Night Tykes is pretty good. Im just in awe of how skilled those kids are. When I was that age nobody could throw or catch in a real game.
You clearly didn't grow up in an athletic town :D
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:

Have you watched it? They actually deal with that. A couple of coaches even get suspended for not teaching proper techniques
proper techniques is BS. show is basically child abuse.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
When did you become such a nancy? How many millions of kids played football up until this point in history? They're not all committing suicide. This is probably the best age to get kids hitting each other. You only have slow fat kids and lanky bean poles as opposed to roided up machines.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
walk through a public school. rest my case.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
'Hunted' is pretty interesting. I can't tell you how often I've thought through being in that situation (much like the zombie apocalypse scenario for some of you).
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I've enjoys "Hunted" for awhile.

I'm an Aaron Sorkin junkie, so West Wing and The Newsroom get my vote.

Also really like House of Cards.

Just finished first season of Frontier on Netflix. Not bad.
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
Powerless might be Community for super hero shows.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
NotAJerry wrote:Powerless might be Community for super hero shows.
Saw the first episode. Hilarious
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
If you don't mind watching shows with subtitles...

'Nobel' on Netflix is really good. It's a political thriller/mystery that revolves around the Norwegian special forces. Only 8 episodes, but just really well done.

Started 'Abstract' last night. It's a documentary series (Netflix) about individual artists/designers, much like the excellent 'Chef's Table'. Most people would probably find it boring, but the first episode about an illustrator was good.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Got into Designated Survivor before it went on midseason hiatus...disappointed in 24 Legacy (As a fan of the original

In lighter fare, I love Man With A Plan...its almost like watching Joey from Friends raising a family
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I know this isn't in line with what the rest of you are posting, but the best show on TV right now is "This Is Us."
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:I know this isn't in line with what the rest of you are posting, but the best show on TV right now is "This Is Us."
That I can agree with wholeheartedly bama...if it doesn't get the Emmy award for best drama it should be criminally investigated
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
As someone who lived the '80s HS experience in the midwest, Stranger Things Season One lived up the hype. Excited to see what they do with Season Two.

As for This is Us, mancards are in jepardy.

I really need to give Sherlock the time investment. Benedict Cumberbatch is awesome in everything he does.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]