This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
But Mork and Mindy was
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Either it gets cancelled (Although Supergirl just got renewed for a third season...Mike and Molly got cancelled and that was a favorite of mine) or they move onto something else?
No, they become very kid-unfriendly.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ooh...thanks Alumnus
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
yeah one of the chicks is like lesbo now or some crap.
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:I know this isn't in line with what the rest of you are posting, but the best show on TV right now is "This Is Us."
Pure evil. Salty eye discharge is involuntary during that show and it's not fair.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
13 Reasons Why on Netflix is great. Stayed up late to watch an extra two episodes and woke up early to I could get back to watching it. Been looking forward to this ever since I heard abut it. More than lives up to what I was expecting.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
NAJ- Definitely hits you at a pretty deep emotional level...Im frankly of the opinion that This Is Us is probably the favorite for outstanding Drama and we are still a month plus from the end of the TV cycle for nomination
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Just finished up 13 Reasons Why. That finale is one of the most brutal things I have seen. Requiem for a Dream is an uplifting and inspiring film compared to that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Kolzilla41 wrote:Homeland is amazing.
Saving that binge at seasons end

Watching SIX which is pretty intense Stars Walter Coggins

Also discovered Brockmire. Off color but hilarious
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Iron Fist was a colossal disappointment, what a terrible first season. I'm not really sure why Netflix has decided to go full-on with the gore for it's Marvel series. It works with Daredevil, but it's like that has become the signature for these now.
I will say, though, that 'Into the Badlands' was everything Iron Fist should have been.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Into The Badlands is solid
Preacher was a big disappointment
Totally binge watched the whole season of SIX over the weekend. Sorta put me behind work wise. Ha
By Class of 20Something
lynchburgwildcats wrote:Just finished up 13 Reasons Why. That finale is one of the most brutal things I have seen. Requiem for a Dream is an uplifting and inspiring film compared to that.
13RW was amazing. It's necessarily heavy. I would recommend watching the last 3 tapes independent of each other. It's almost worthy of a spoiler riddled thread on it's own.
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
It's not necessarily family friendly, but my new guilty pleasure is Live PD.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
The Handmaid's Tale debuts April 26 Hulu with three episodes then one new episode each following week for a total of 10. Sounds like it could end up being the original that puts Hulu on the map, at least for their original content, and one of the breakthrough shows of the year...

Already has a 97% on Metacritic. Only has 9 reviews, but still, they come from Vox.com 9100), Entertainment Weekly (100), Indiewire (100), Hollywood Reporter (100), New York Magazine/Vulture (100), Time (100), AV Club (91), TV Line (91), and TV Guide (90). So we're not talking some randos here doing reviews
http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-handma ... ic-reviews

The Nerdist review also says it's one of the best new shows in years
http://nerdist.com/handmaids-tale-review-hulu/

Looks like the YouTube video embed isn't working for the trailer...
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Into The Badlands is solid
Preacher was a big disappointment
Agreed on both parts. I read the Preacher comic, the TV series first season seemed like a prequel to the comics. Think it would have been much better received had it stuck to the source material, the first season was just too slow. Hopefully, the pace picks up and they get into the source material from the beginning of Season 2.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:Iron Fist was a colossal disappointment, what a terrible first season. I'm not really sure why Netflix has decided to go full-on with the gore for it's Marvel series. It works with Daredevil, but it's like that has become the signature for these now.
I will say, though, that 'Into the Badlands' was everything Iron Fist should have been.
I've finished 9 episodes. I wouldn't call it terrible, but it's certainly a major downgrade from the other three Marvel shows. Hopefully, they redeem themselves with Defenders in August and then The Punisher, whenever that comes about.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
When Im not watching Team Umizoomi, PAW Patrol and Mickey and the Roadster Racers (among other children's fare), I am getting back into Designated Survivor and the new version of Match Game with Alec Baldwin. No Netflix for me at this point but hopefully with the new job that'll be added before summertime so I may come back to this thread for suggestions for stuff to watch on my day off
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]