This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully the change in the White House will help US be able to take advantage of our natural resources, unlike the current administration. A lot of us would welcome the resurgence in the oil and gas industries. My company as well as many others have been cutting repeatedly recently and it would be nice to not have to wonder about your future.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
My friend who lives in WV said after the election someone put a bunch of Now Hiring signs next to a Welcome To West Virginia sign. Ha
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
"Peak Oil" was a buzz back a decade ago as environementalists warned we need to find alternative sources of energy because we had discovered all the available resources and the pool would be sucked dry by 2050. Now that is considerable laughable even by the industry's worst critics. New technologies have removed that concern for at least a century or so.

The Permian Basin is the hottest play in the U.S even at low crude prices. Unfortunately the commoduty prices are still so low that we really won't see a widespread benefit until they return closer to $60/barrel.

Frankly business has been really strong for me the last six months. And with a pro-industry player moving into the White House, the prospects look strong moving into 2017.
By Wvflame2013
Purple Haize wrote:My friend who lives in WV said after the election someone put a bunch of Now Hiring signs next to a Welcome To West Virginia sign. Ha
My father works for MSHA. There is already an uptick in coal mining permits and at least 2 mines in my area will be reopening. Also, the price of metallurgical coal (for steal) is flying up. Amazing what a change of president can change an economy. They desperately need it because most counties rely on the coal severance tax. My county cut their police force in half, 2 years ago, with crime on the rise. Less police officers, no jobs, and lots of drugs is a recipe for disaster.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Wvflame2013 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:My friend who lives in WV said after the election someone put a bunch of Now Hiring signs next to a Welcome To West Virginia sign. Ha
My father works for MSHA. There is already an uptick in coal mining permits and at least 2 mines in my area will be reopening. Also, the price of metallurgical coal (for steal) is flying up. Amazing what a change of president can change an economy. They desperately need it because most counties rely on the coal severance tax. My county cut their police force in half, 2 years ago, with crime on the rise. Less police officers, no jobs, and lots of drugs is a recipe for disaster.
I used to have deep SWVA and WV in my territory. One client told me the city/town was at 65% unemployment
By Wvflame2013
Purple Haize wrote:
Wvflame2013 wrote:
I used to have deep SWVA and WV in my territory. One client told me the city/town was at 65% unemployment
People have no clue how negative the Obama administration has been to wva. I know one county (Nicholas) lost 300 students this year. That is quite an amount of students not in the system which effects federal funding dramatically. Not only they lost all those students but the flooding this summer in that county made the poverty that much worse. And fema is nowhere to be seen to help. On top of that the high school and middle school was shut down permanently because of the flood. They're trying to have school in an old grade school, which had to be shut down today because of sewage issues. But won't hear about all this from the national news. It wasn't Katrina affecting minorities and wasn't a republican president. WV doesn't fit the liberal democratic agenda.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]