This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rhezick
Not as bad as one might imagine. On the plus side, you got to sit on your butt for a few days. So time it right (most are usually done around march madness). The drugs are good. It is a bit odd lying there while the doctor and nurse make small talk. Fortunately they all seem to know what their doing. Only pain issue (just being honest) is the local. It reminded me of going to the dentist and getting numbed, except instead of your mouth... However it's quick and from there smooth sailing. Make sure you have a good couple of ice packs you can rotate (well that your spouse can rotate). Your are a bit stiff for a full week. You can go to work after a few days (get it done on a friday), but that Monday I had a lot of people asking me why I was walking so gingerly. I forget what I came up with at the time, but yea not as bad as I imagined. Oh and the only real awkward part is that you have to provide and bring back two samples to ensure the gun is firing blanks. Waiting in line at the urologist office behind a row of old people with said specimen in hand is a bit weird. Then getting to the window to answer the question "can I help you" while hoping no one hears you whisper "yea I'm just dropping off the juice"... on not 1 but 2 separate occasions seems like a script right out of The Office that your living through in the moment. Overall it was fine though. They do seem to give you way more drugs than you might need, but I guess better safe than sorry especially when it comes to that area is a good rule to play by.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
'Emptying the vault' as my urologist called it was awkward 'Honey, i could use a hand here ' "Jon sweetie, what are you doing in the bathroom again?" :oops:

Feels like you got gonad whipped

I recommend frozen vegetables instead of ice. Sitting on a bag of ice is uncomfortable and frozen vegetables are easier to get into the nooks and crannies

Great time to binge watch.

I read a book while my guy worked on me. You feel some tugs down there which awkward.

Wash your twig and berries well

Anything else?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:
rhezick wrote: Your are a bit stiff for a full week.
:shock:
Yeah, that was not my experience at all. Wouldn't say it was a breeze, but close. Definitely better than making your wife go through surgery. But listen to the Dr and take it easy after for 48 hrs. Heard of a guy who felt fine after surgery (still numb) and went home and did some work around the house. Ended up at the ER with immense pain and swelling. ICE and REST.
By Didlibertywin
rhezick wrote:Not as bad as one might imagine. On the plus side, you got to sit on your butt for a few days. So time it right (most are usually done around march madness). The drugs are good. It is a bit odd lying there while the doctor and nurse make small talk. Fortunately they all seem to know what their doing. Only pain issue (just being honest) is the local. It reminded me of going to the dentist and getting numbed, except instead of your mouth... However it's quick and from there smooth sailing. Make sure you have a good couple of ice packs you can rotate (well that your spouse can rotate). Your are a bit stiff for a full week. You can go to work after a few days (get it done on a friday), but that Monday I had a lot of people asking me why I was walking so gingerly. I forget what I came up with at the time, but yea not as bad as I imagined. Oh and the only real awkward part is that you have to provide and bring back two samples to ensure the gun is firing blanks. Waiting in line at the urologist office behind a row of old people with said specimen in hand is a bit weird. Then getting to the window to answer the question "can I help you" while hoping no one hears you whisper "yea I'm just dropping off the juice"... on not 1 but 2 separate occasions seems like a script right out of The Office that your living through in the moment. Overall it was fine though. They do seem to give you way more drugs than you might need, but I guess better safe than sorry especially when it comes to that area is a good rule to play by.
This is the funniest, most awkward post. Glad you're ok.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I'm amazed at how many people I know do this at a relatively young age. I'm not condemning anyone's decision, but I would regret it the rest of my life.
By Jonathan Carone
ALUmnus wrote:I'm amazed at how many people I know do this at a relatively young age. I'm not condemning anyone's decision, but I would regret it the rest of my life.
We knew we wanted 2-3 kids when we got married. After having our first and then an oops pregnancy for our second, we started talking about the idea of it. Add on that how hard pregnancy was on my wife, and we're both content with two kids and don't want to risk another pregnancy. If we decide we want a third kid, we'll adopt. Was a pretty straightforward decision for us.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I never wanted kids so it really wasn't an issue. Would have had it done at 18 if I could have
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Like others have aaid it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The first couple of days are a bit rough but other then that it was pretty low key. My wife was very grateful that I had it done instead of her. So there is that too.
ALUmnus wrote:I'm amazed at how many people I know do this at a relatively young age. I'm not condemning anyone's decision, but I would regret it the rest of my life.
We knew we only wanted 2 kids before we were even married so it was always the plan. There won't be any regrets from me that is for sure.

I love my kids, but we are suited for a smaller family.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Seriously though. Frozen veggies are better than ice.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Yeah, I went with frozen peas. In case you were wondering.
No no. Not what was snipped....

I rotated between corn and peas.
With frozen veggies you don't have to deal with a wet spot {#lockerroomtalk)
It's easier to put where needed
You don't have to keep running out for more.
By rhezick
thepostman wrote: I love my kids, but we are suited for a smaller family.
This right here. Some people are called to have bigger families others to have smaller. Our family of 4 is perfect right where it's at. Definitely no regrets.

And yea, for the record frozen peas work great. Just using the term ice generically there.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I am thankful this is something I won't ever have to consider.

On a side note, there is also a chance of a natural reversal, and like others have said, make sure you're firing blanks before stopping the pill or wearing condoms. A couple in my parents Sunday School class found out the hard way what happens when the dude didn't go for his follow-up.
By Jonathan Carone
ATrain wrote:On a side note, there is also a chance of a natural reversal, and like others have said, make sure you're firing blanks before stopping the pill or wearing condoms. A couple in my parents Sunday School class found out the hard way what happens when the dude didn't go for his follow-up.
There have only been two times in my marriage where it was possible for us to get pregnant and it happened both times. Fear of the oops will drive me to the follow ups.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The percentage of guys who don't do the follow up is extremely high . I know it's embarrassing but I'd rather have peace of mind .
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:The percentage of guys who don't do the follow up is extremely high . I know it's embarrassing but I'd rather have peace of mind .
Yeah I'm in that high percentage but after 24 years I think we're safe.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
its pretty great. would recommend.

my experience was pretty fun. So we are stopping off at Dicks to pick up a jock strap. My wife drops on the way that "you know i could still have kids you know" wtfuzz. so i'm like do we need to not go? she's like no i was just saying. still get it done. so now i'm a bit ticked and distracted. i go into dicks and find the proper size jock strap. I then realize that i'm starting to play ball a bit more maybe i'll grab one with a pocket for a cup. so i grap the pocketed ones right next to non pocketed. i get to the parking lot and my wife goes "why did you get an Large Junior jock strap? i'm like WHAT? now i also realize its in that stupid packaging that you can't open so now i got to walk in and ask for a scissors to open up my jr jock strap. then i go into the bathroom and STRETCH that mother ...popping stitches.

so after the procedure the doctor puts 18 layers of gauze over you junk and and then puts the jock strap on you. its the worst part of the ordeal i imagine even with the right size. but here he is fitting a jr jock strap onto a 200lb man.

my wife thought this whole thing was hilarious. i did it on a friday and was at work on a monday. my balls were the size of a casaba melons for a day or so.

i did have the blood clot there that was a bit painful a few weeks in but it wasn't as horrible as some stories i'd heard.

after the first sample came back completely negative, we played russian roulette before the next sample.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
I did it at age 28. No regrets.

As for the procedure, it was somewhat uneventful. They put me too sleep. I prefer that to a local. About 24-36 hours of laying down and then just a feeling of a lingering tenderness for a few more days. Peas. Definitely peas.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I don't know if you guys will ever know how entertaining and informative this post is. While I'm a year or two off from kids I'm definitely going to be the one to get the snip when the time comes. Thank you all.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Oh. And the first time you take a tick post op? Scariest moment of your life.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Or when your daughter gets home runs upstairs and proceeds to take a flying leap onto the bed

Terrifying
By ECUnited
Registration Days Posts
I don't think I have laughed so hard at a post on this board....ever!

Okay, I'll add my story. Had mine done 26 years ago...wow, that's hard to believe. Anyway, similar story, we wanted 2-3 kids, but after a scary second pregnancy (son born with situs inversus and wife having a bad blood clot post delivery), we stopped after two. Good news, is we ended up adopting a beautiful baby girl from India after, but back to the story.....

So I go in for the snip, and an incredibly beautiful nurse takes me back, and I'm thinking, this could be really embarrassing. But she just takes me back and leaves, and the doctor and a male med student walk in, make some small talk, shave the area and inject the local. The doc asks "you ready?", and I say yes. As he makes the first incision I literally scream and come up off the table.... the local didn't 'take'. He injected me again, waited, and then said to the med student "if he doesn't feel this, we're good to go". Not sure what he did, I was still trying to recover from the initial incident, but he proceeded with the procedure, sent me to his private office for the post-op chat and sent in a Coke while I was waiting.

I, too, recommend the frozen veggies, and yes, rest for a couple of days. I played golf 8 days later, but I don't recommend it. Oh, and the follow-up is a bit embarrassing, but when you realize how many others are doing the same thing, it's no big deal. It actually just prepared me for living in Kenya for three years, where when we would get intestinal parasites and have to drop off stool samples at the hospital :)

Didn't have any fancy bandaging or jock strap, he put in the sutures that dissolved, and some gauze best I remember, but I agree, that first trip to the bathroom.... a bit frightening.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]