This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Didlibertywin
I'm sure this conversation has taken place elsewhere, but I didn't look it up. Will Liberty ever close it's doors? What do you think?

For example... The government tells Liberty that boys can use girls bathrooms and vice-versa. Or they pull the carpet out from under Liberty in regards to pell grant. Liberty can choose to succumb or go without pell grants, in which that case enrollment will go down, the cash cow of LU online begins to dry up, and we depend on that endowment that is funding our expansion. Or is there a third way out of this fork in the road?

If Liberty succumbs, does the TRBC deacon board shut it down?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm pretty sure there is something In The bylaws that says TRBC can step in if they feel the school starts drifting too far from the original mission. I remember reading about it one time but can't remember all of the details.
Last edited by thepostman on November 1st, 2016, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Good question. If they are smart with their current windfall and not married to have 8 gazillion students the answer is No. if that were to happen, and it could with all the talk of the Government paying for college, there is already an example of the route LU could take.

https://www.hillsdale.edu/
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:With the amount of money we have, couldn't we put together our own financing plans?
That's what Hillsdale does. Plus, they are darlings in the Conservative World.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]