This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Has anyone seen this video? I am all for 'Wait till the facts come in...' but good night. The only twist on this is that the LEO was a white female.
From what it looks like to me is that the guy is going back to his car which he may or may not have been ordered to do. The way the officer is following I'm thinking he wasn't or that something happened prior to the video. I really have 0 problem with the fact they Tazzed the guy because that was a tense situation and it didn't look like he was complying with commands. But to shoot him? I'm going to need a lot of convincing on this one that it was justified
I put this in the category of the guy who shot the social worker in the leg in FL. In the category of the cop who shot the guy coming out of his car after a crash in FL (I think). The kid who got shot in Chicago walking down the street surrounded by cops and 1 shoots him. I know SCAR thinks it's a racial issue, and I can see that. But I think it's a Police training issue or a Fear issue. IMO you have 3 things merging together. You have LEO's who are on Power Trips. You have people who do not respect Authority. And you have LEO who are now more afraid of the people they encounter (whether they are on a Power Trip or one of the vast majority of good ones) then before. Sprinkle in the Racial dynamic and it makes solutions difficult to find
On a side note I'd be interested to find out what type of firearm she was carrying. I've become an advocate of LEO carrying double action side arms or at least ones with safeties. I know the 'tough guy' talk that you finger is the only safety you need, but I don't buy it. If an officer pulls their weapon, that adrenaline is pumping. Very difficult to control that finger. I won't get into the weeds but a double actions or a safety could cut down on some accidents
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
another issue is how much we pay cops...poorly paid..so sometimes not always the right people are given that job title... with a higher pay grade..you would think it would attract better quality of people all around.
By TerraCottaGamer
bballfan84 wrote:another issue is how much we pay cops...poorly paid..so sometimes not always the right people are given that job title... with a higher pay grade..you would think it would attract better quality of people all around.

Your argument here sounds good but I have yet to find a situation that is solved by throwing money at it. In this case, higher pay is required along with MUCH higher standards to get the job. In my experience having several friends that are current officers and having worked the job myself, there are about half the officers on the job that love it and are genuinely called to it but that leaves the other half who basically had nothing better to do with their lives.

Most departments don't require any kind of degree and the only requirements are physical in nature with minor mental evals.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
More details (not trying to be insensitive just don't remember names)
The guy who was shot was sitting on the side of the road when the female officer pulled up. She radioed for backup and stated he was not responding to commands. She did not activate her lights which is why there is no dash cam video from her.
He walks towards his car ignoring commands to stop and get down
It is when he reaches into his window that he is both shot and Tazzed at the same time. The female officer is the one who shot him. One of the male officers Tazzed him
If these are indeed the facts, I think the female officer is going to face charges
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]