This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
15 years ago
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Still haven't forgotten. Thank you for mentioning it.

God bless America
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It seems like a life time ago and it feels like yesterday.
By Jonathan Carone
This year's high school freshmen will study 9/11 as a historical event that happened before they were born.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I was reading that not so long ago and it just blew my mind.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I was reading that not so long ago and it just blew my mind.
I had someone mention the other day they were in my class when it happened.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My son is a freshman in HS and he was inside a pregnant Mrs. Sly when it went down. She was an airborne traffic reporter in Austin and they made all aircraft imemdiately land wherever they were located. So while he wasn't legally born on that day he was there to be part of the story.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I wipe a tear every time I tell this story...

I was at Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, VA. We were in the middle of Block 2 and I was in weightlifting class when someone shouted that they heard on the radio by the lat machine that someone had flown a plane into the World Trade Center...we all kinda rolled our eyes because we were always shooting the bull because it kept the mood light while we were lifting...so we dismissed and I went back to Charlie barracks to get showered for the rest of the day. After I got back into my uniform they called for all cadets to report to Company Street for formation...which was not totally unusual because Col. Baker would have them call one for all sorts of special announcements. After we formed a school circle following formation, he confirmed that indeed, someone had flown a plane into the World Trade Center and that a second had hit not long before that formation...one thing that needs to be noted is a lot of dignitaries and well known people send their sons (and until a few years ago their daughters) to Hargrave and places like it so when something like 9/11 happens, that heightens the security and tension around campus...

Anyway, we turned on the TVs in every classroom and watched the replay of the planes hitting the towers...and it really got the seniors and postgrad students (like myself) talking, because when president W. announced the military action we would be taking, there was concern that they might call for a draft and that some of us may get sent off to Afghanistan to fight...well that never materialized but it definitely impacted the school pretty significantly...we had a memorial parade that Friday and there was a moment of silence at the Fishburne Military-Hargrave Military football game (I was a manager for Hargrave's football team) as well...
Last edited by BJWilliams on September 16th, 2016, 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for starting this thread, PH. Jon, it's hard to believe. I agree with Postie, it feels like forever ago, but we all remember it like it was yesterday.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Stumbled upon a couple 9-11 memorial videos. Then of course, got lost in the YouTube vortex, clicking links that were "suggested for" me. I never realized there is a loud group that thinks 9-11 was a hoax of some kind.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Governor Jessie Ventura being a more vocal one

morons
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:Governor Jessie Ventura being a more vocal one

morons
Don't forget Loose Chamge and all of it rewrites after its been debunked
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Hoax? As in it didn't happen? I haven't heard that one. I've heard a lot of crazy conspiracies about it being an inside job, but this is the first I'm hearing about 9/11 being a hoax. Or maybe I'm confusing the definition.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
From what I have watched is people belive that a plane didn't hit the Pentagon and that the planes that hit the twin towers didn't actually take down those buildings. They say there were explosives placed throughout the towers.

It's really just grasping at straws.

The only thing I think is for sure is the government knew something was brewing but had no idea what. Other then that all the other crap is just ridiculous.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:From what I have watched is people belive that a plane didn't hit the Pentagon and that the planes that hit the twin towers didn't actually take down those buildings. They say there were explosives placed throughout the towers.

It's really just grasping at straws.

The only thing I think is for sure is the government knew something was brewing but had no idea what. Other then that all the other crap is just ridiculous.
My only "conspiracy" is that there were several other things that happened that day and the days after that either didn't get covered or were chalked up to 'mechanical failure' or other innocuous items. But I have solid sources on those
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]