This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Purple Haize wrote:
adam42381 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:I'm not a music snob like some of yall
Snobs for listing the various genres we enjoy? I'm confused.
I'll take The Cure and Elvis Costello for $200 please
+1
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:lol. doo-wop
Hey, I love doo-wop as well. If I'm flipping channels, and I see one of those Time-Life music collection infomercials, I stop and watch it...all of it. It kills me that there's no oldies station in Lynchburg.
**cough*cough*ballcoach*cough*cough**
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:He was being subtle? I didn't think subtle was in his vocabulary.
He was as subtle as a tank
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Bringing it back to music...

"You're as subtle as a brick in the small of my back so let's end this call and end this conversation"
So I Googled 'Subtle Rock Music' and this came up Priceless. I need to dust off my KJV now. I'm not even sure how you define the 'rock beat'
http://truediscipleship.com/ten-scriptu ... -any-form/
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Oh man there use to be this site called corrupt Christianity and it talked about how evil Christian rock music is while covering such rockers as Micheal W smith. It was hours of entertainment for me. It's not around anymore which is sad.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Oh man there use to be this site called corrupt Christianity and it talked about how evil Christian rock music is while covering such rockers as Micheal W smith. It was hours of entertainment for me. It's not around anymore which is sad.
You'll get hours of enjoyment out of this. I read a few paragraphs and smiled. Teens being rebellious? I'm shocked!
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

"You're as subtle as a brick in the small of my back so let's end this call and end this conversation"
So I Googled 'Subtle Rock Music' and this came up Priceless. I need to dust off my KJV now. I'm not even sure how you define the 'rock beat'

Can't figure out how to do videos. Again.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:Oh man there use to be this site called corrupt Christianity and it talked about how evil Christian rock music is while covering such rockers as Micheal W smith. It was hours of entertainment for me. It's not around anymore which is sad.
You'll get hours of enjoyment out of this. I read a few paragraphs and smiled. Teens being rebellious? I'm shocked!
I really like how many tapes these people have recently picked up. I want to know what tapes!!!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Bluegrass, 1970s classic country, and a little Neil Diamond and James Taylor. :oldhag
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

[youtube]yeZHB3ozglQ[/youtube]
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:I'm not a music snob like some of yall
Snobs for listing the various genres we enjoy? I'm confused.
SOrry, just seeing the follow up to that comment...

Was reading through and seeing all these bands with names I am pretty sure Ive never heard of (Run River North, Tossing Copper, Blind North?)...sounds like names Id hear postie mention when he hosted Saturday Night Rock Party...or or bands heard by the mustached guy from the Taco Bell commercial in order to sound "cool" or "progressive"
By Jonathan Carone
Beej - Discover Weekly is a curated playlist that is designed to help you discover bands like those you are already listening to. Most of them are new or have a smaller following. The idea is to introduce you to them. That's why people haven't heard of them. It's about learning new music, not being a snob.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:I am surprised no one mentioned Yacht Rock. 8)
Music Snob was mentioned. Ha
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
BUMP:

Because I'm in a Chris Stapleton phase right now

Would've never thought - but, chicks man, so .... ya know.

He's actually pretty awesome
PAmedic wrote:BUMP:

Because I'm in a Chris Stapleton phase right now

Would've never thought - but, chicks man, so .... ya know.

He's actually pretty awesome
Yeah, he's really good. I'm not usually a country guy, but I like his stuff along with Sturgill Simpson and Jason Isbell.
I like his sound. Its a lot closer to country than a lot of what you hear on country radio these days
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:Because I'm in a Chris Stapleton phase right now
I bought his albums, unlisted to, just because of cover art. lol

On the other side of the dial... Have any of you heard Colony House? Well worth a listen. Great story, great band.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]