This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
There was a fall tv thread, but that's fall. What are some of the must-see stuff you've been watching on the streaming services, particularly the Netflix or Prime-original stuff.

Right now, everyone needs to watch Stranger Things, especially if you have a fondness for the 80's. It's really really good.

I love DareDevil, and can't wait until The Iron Fist comes out. Haven't really gotten into Jessica Jones, though.

Chef's Table on Netflix is phenomenal. New season just came out.

Anyone watch Cooked or Bloodlines? Got a little tired of House of Cards, still need to get further on Narcos.

On Amazon, I really liked The Man In the High Castle. I think it's on USA, but Mr. Robot is pretty good.

What else?
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
previewed 2 episodes of man in the high castle to see if the wife will like it. we will watch. will watch stranger things too. we are currently watching person of interest and really enjoying it. we only really get about 4 episodes in a week though so it takes time .
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Mr. Robot got too weird for me. I only last a couple episodes.
I can probably point to the exact scene where it lost you.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I must try this Stranger Things
Man In The High Castle is slow but I watched out of Sci Fi loyalty
Narco's is AWESOME
Mr Robot is weird but will give it a 2nd season
Hell on Wheels is great
Longmire is also good
See if Tyrant is up yet.
Mr. Robot is the best show on TV.

I think Amazon and Hulu, but especially Amazon, is severely lacking in the originals department but my lists are below. I'd recommend all three Hulu shows listed before any of the below listed Amazon shows

Netflix:
Stranger Things
Arrested Development (only season 4 is a Netflix "original")
Bloodline
F is for Family
Flaked
Love
Making a Murderer
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Master of None
Narcos
Orange is the New Black
The Ranch (lame but I got enough occasional laughs out of it to keep watching it)
Wet Hot American Summer

Amazon Prime:
The Man in the High Castle
Red Oaks
Transparent (it's alright, I don't get what all the awards people see in it though)

Hulu:
Casual
The Path
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Stranger Things is great. Other things we've (or I've) watched and enjoyed include Orange is the New Black, Bloodline, Man in the High Castle, Narcos, Making a Murderer, Bojack Horseman, Master of None, Flaked, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, House of Cards. We liked season one of Transparent, but the flashbacks through us off season two. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
bojack horseman might be the most unfunny thing i've ever seen that someone told me was funny. bill burr's cartoon was also one of the stupidest shows i attempted to watch.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:Stranger Things is great. Other things we've (or I've) watched and enjoyed include Orange is the New Black, Bloodline, Man in the High Castle, Narcos, Making a Murderer, Bojack Horseman, Master of None, Flaked, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, House of Cards. We liked season one of Transparent, but the flashbacks through us off season two. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff.
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is actually a CW show
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:bojack horseman might be the most unfunny thing i've ever seen that someone told me was funny.
Agreed
RubberMallet wrote:bill burr's cartoon was also one of the stupidest shows i attempted to watch.
Terrorist
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
adam42381 wrote:Stranger Things is great. Other things we've (or I've) watched and enjoyed include Orange is the New Black, Bloodline, Man in the High Castle, Narcos, Making a Murderer, Bojack Horseman, Master of None, Flaked, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, House of Cards. We liked season one of Transparent, but the flashbacks through us off season two. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff.
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is actually a CW show
True, but it's available on Netflix now.
As for the shows that aren't streaming originals, listed below. Some are available on multiple, but if it's on Netflix I'm not listing if it's also on Hulu or Amazon

About a Boy - Netflix
American Horror Story - Netflix
8 Simple Rules - ABC app, only the John Ritter episodes though
Benched - ABC app
Better Off Ted - Netflix
Black Mirror - Netflix
Breading Bad - Netflix
Chappelle's Show - Hulu
Cheers - Netflix
Dexter - Netflix
Enlightened - Amazon
Everybody Loves Raymond - Netflix
Family Guy - Netflix
Fargo - Hulu
Freaks and Geeks - Netflix
Friends - Netflix
Happy Endings - Hulu
How I Met Your Mother - Netflix
Humans - Amazon
Last Man Standing - Netflix
Mad Men - Netflix
My Name is Earl - Netflix
My So-Called Life - Hulu/ABC
Nathan For You - Hulu
Parks and Recreation - Netflix
Raising Hope - Netflix
Scrubs - Netflix
That 70s Show - Netflix
The 100
The Americans - Amazon
The Goldbergs - Hulu
The Office (US Version) - Netflix
The Simpsons - FX (need a supported cable/satellite login)
The Walking Dead - Netflix
The Wonder Years - Netflix
Twin Peaks - Netflix
Wings - Hulu
You're the Worst - Hulu
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
So I'm going to be gone for 2 weeks for work. Want to find 1 or 2 solid choices to watch during the abundance of downtime I'll have in which I can't really go anywhere. What should I chose. I have Netflix and Amazon.

Go!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:It's August aka Friday Night Lights season.
This. Friday Night Lights still holds up. Minka Kelly's finest work!
Not knowing what you have seen and have not its tough. If you PM what interests you I can give you some thoughts
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You guys will crucify me but I never could get into Friday night lights. Maybe it was the hype I heard for years but I gave it try during my last work trip and wasn't feeling it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:You guys will crucify me but I never could get into Friday night lights. Maybe it was the hype I heard for years but I gave it try during my last work trip and wasn't feeling it.
Did you ever watch The Shield?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I know plenty people who didn't like FNL - my wife is one of them. I love the characters on it though. That's what sold me.
They need Christ's love too
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I know plenty people who didn't like FNL - my wife is one of them. I love the characters on it though. That's what sold me.
My brothers all love it. Talked about it for years. I just couldn't get into it.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:You guys will crucify me but I never could get into Friday night lights. Maybe it was the hype I heard for years but I gave it try during my last work trip and wasn't feeling it.
Did you ever watch The Shield?
Never seen it. Is it available to stream? For a quick watch, Freaks and Geeks is hard to beat.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]