This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
The United Kingdom votes to leave the failed Social experiment known as the EU. This is an historic day in world politics and the global economy. How long until the others in Western Europe decide to leave?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm in ireland right now and I have got a sense they want to do the same. Its interesting to see.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I really didn't think they would do it. Good for them!

The TPP would be as bad for our sovereignty as the EU was for theirs.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Trump was really good this morning taking questions on it
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Well, today is a great day to refinance. Message me for rates. lol
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Trump was really good this morning taking questions on it
except for the fact he congratulated scotland and said they were all going crazy when the majority of scotland voted remain.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Trump was really good this morning taking questions on it
except for the fact he congratulated scotland and said they were all going crazy when the majority of scotland voted remain.
Did the Scots not get to vote on Brexit?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:They voted but the majority of Scotland wanted to remain.
I thought they got to vote. I didn't see it as a miss peak aim sure the people he ran into we're excited and Scotland is part of the U.K. So it's like landing in Columbus and saying 'They are going wild here over the Cavs win'
Great lines pointing out how HRC got it wrong again and 'the will of the people'. Possible a shot across the bow foray Convention shenanigans
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:Well, today is a great day to refinance. Message me for rates. I chortle audibly.
Looking for a mortgage. PM me your email address.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Time to find some good deals on the markets. I think we'll put the rest of our trip on credit card when we get back to London rather than spending our pounds we bought back in April.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
I thought they got to vote. I didn't see it as a miss peak aim sure the people he ran into we're excited and Scotland is part of the U.K. So it's like landing in Columbus and saying 'They are going wild here over the Cavs win'
Great lines pointing out how HRC got it wrong again and 'the will of the people'. Possible a shot across the bow foray Convention shenanigans
he congratulated scotland on voting to take back its own country when in reality it voted to not leave the EU. In actuality they will probably leave the UK and rejoin the EU by themselves. this is where he's kind of stupid. most will use things like columbus vs cleveland to justify but really it just smacked of dumb.

but on the flipside there are also people saying who cares that hillary omitted tons of meetings with donors from her SOS calendar...it was just a clerical error!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
he congratulated scotland on voting to take back its own country when in reality it voted to not leave the EU. In actuality they will probably leave the UK and rejoin the EU by themselves. this is where he's kind of stupid. most will use things like columbus vs cleveland to justify but really it just smacked of dumb.

but on the flipside there are also people saying who cares that hillary omitted tons of meetings with donors from her SOS calendar...it was just a clerical error!
ok. I see the distinction now. It's a pretty fine point. Sort of like thanking Texas for voting for Obama. Ha
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
In paris currently. People being snide about how this is going to destroy England s economic growth. Claiming the EU has no affect on nations sovereignty and is only beneficial

Blaming rich old white people for resisting change
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:In paris currently. People being snide about how this is going to destroy England s economic growth. Claiming the EU has no affect on nations sovereignty and is only beneficial

You and Mr and Mr ATrain should hook up
Wait.....that sounded better in my head
They are also in Paris
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Why do you think he is there?
Did I just out him as Mr ATrain?
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:In paris currently. People being snide about how this is going to destroy England s economic growth. Claiming the EU has no affect on nations sovereignty and is only beneficial

our 85 yr old neighbor's parents came over from england and he is as english as all get out. we talked for about an hour and a half last night about all this and man did i learn a lot.

i think england will be fine.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:

our 85 yr old neighbor's parents came over from england and he is as english as all get out. we talked for about an hour and a half last night about all this and man did i learn a lot.

I think this is a Nationalist version of Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead. The other Countries are comfortable in their mediocrity
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:

I think this is a Nationalist version of Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead. The other Countries are comfortable in their mediocrity
There are so many parallels between Atlas Shrugged and our present state today.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
We're back in England, and other than using the credit card rather than the cash (0 foreign transaction fees plus more favorable exchange rate currently), its business as usual in London. Most are pretty confident they'll find a way to succeed, one way or the other.

As for Medic being Mr. ATrain, he's not tall enough.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Kleine ist fine.

And I'm in Munich anyway.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:Kleine ist fine.

And I'm in Munich anyway.
Love Southern Germany. Enjoy the Haufbrahaus for me. Send pics!
Also the BMW museum is cool
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Everything about Munich is cool. But just try to find a vegetable to eat with your choice of meats.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]