This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

I think it'd depend on the expectations going in. If the job description said you were expected to work 45-50 hours per week and in return would be paid 42k, I don't think the employer should have to pay extra for those 5-10 hours that were mutually agreed upon.
Purple Haize wrote:There is an old saying that fits here. This is a solution in search of a problem
Exactly. Like I've said, you can't track everything a salaried employee does in terms of hours. This is going to create such a mess, and end up with lots of people losing good jobs.
all it does is adjust the threshold that has been untouched for decades. its not even a "new law"
Yeah, this has been around since the 70s, they just haven't changed the $ amount over time. I think the big driver of this is from the retail and food service industries...people are 'promoted' to assistant manager, moved to salary, get a modest raise, but then are expected to work 50+ hours, making their actual per hour pay rate less than it was before and still having to do many of the same tasks they did as an hourly employee. There are industries where this doesn't really fit well though...
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]