This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Forgive me if this isn't the right place for this. As some of you know, my wife and I are both Special Education teachers who recently moved to North Carolina. One of the best tools for teaching our students is an interactive whiteboard, commonly referred to as a smartboard. These things are awesome and have been utilized on a daily basis in our classrooms for years. That is, until we moved here. Unlike Florida, North Carolina does not provide these tools in every classroom. Because our county will not pay for this technology for my wife's classroom, she has set up a crowdfunding campaign to try to raise the money to get one for her room. The cost is approximately $3000.

If you want to help out, we would greatly appreciate it. Here is a link to her campaign:

Forgive me if this isn't the right place for this. As some of you know, my wife and I are both Special Education teachers who recently moved to North Carolina. One of the best tools for teaching our students is an interactive whiteboard, commonly referred to as a smartboard. These things are awesome and have been utilized on a daily basis in our classrooms for years. That is, until we moved here. Unlike Florida, North Carolina does not provide these tools in every classroom. Because our county will not pay for this technology for my wife's classroom, she has set up a crowdfunding campaign to try to raise the money to get one for her room. The cost is approximately $3000.

If you want to help out, we would greatly appreciate it. Here is a link to her campaign:

By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Do you have a link to a website explaining this device & the cost?
Here is a link. Because it's being installed at the school, she has to go through an approved vendor. Installation costs are in addition to retail pricing. The bookkeeper at her school said the total cost was just over $3000 for one that was installed in another classroom recently.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/ ... V11H599022
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
She's halfway there thanks in part to a generous donation from one of our fellow FlameFans. You know who you are. Please know that we are both incredibly grateful.
By tap316
My wife had one of these boards in her classroom when she taught and they truly are amazing. Her school was only built about 7 years ago so all the classrooms had them installed. She has commented more than once how great they are especially for students with special needs.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]