This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Tonight the estimated Powerball jackpot is a record (as of last word) $1.5 BILLION dollars. The lump sum on that is around $930M.

Now this is not designed as a discussion about should CHristians play the lottery or anything like that. Ive had discussions with friends and coworkers (and my wife before my situation turned as described in another thread) about it so I thought Id ask you guys...

If you played tonight and you were the winner, what sorts of things would you do with the money. I'll post my thoughts a little later on
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Pay off the townhouse in Roanoke and the Jeep, pay off my sister's and my sister-in-law's houses, get the mother-in-law a new house, donate to various charities and churches (aka tithe), and then invest, invest and invest...oh yeah, and change our names so we can't be easily found.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Anonymity is the key!

I would decide on a percentage to gives to various ministries. I'd list those ministries and distribute it evenly.

Pay off the house, the cars, the student-loans...all of the debt.

Trust fund for children's education.

Set a hard amount for mad money.

Absolutely KEEP my job!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
^ That's putting your WVU education to good use! :wink:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:^ That's putting your WVU education to good use! :wink:
.....and a still
And change your nickname from Purple to "Popcorn".
I wonder how many people got that? Ha
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
first thing I would do is get a tax lawyer and begin to build trusts. for my children, for my future grandchildren on down. leave a legacy. I would create a charity distribution system where funds would be paid out over time.

at that point I'm certainly not "working" anymore. I have things that I would love to do and make those my passion. I would fish every walleye tournament I could and compete in every bbq competition I could.

I would buy a plot of land with couple hundred acres and build my "compound" . I would have a hobby farm.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'd buy WVU and turn it into a community college feeder school for Marshall University. I'd hire Purple to coach their girls' basketball team and hire BJ Williams to coach their club sport flag football team. And I'd hire ballcoach to oversee their ROTC program.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I'd buy WVU and turn it into a community college feeder school for Marshall University. I'd hire Purple to coach their girls' basketball team and hire BJ Williams to coach their club sport flag football team. And I'd hire ballcoach to oversee their ROTC program.
Only if Mrs Purple can be on my staff!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Only if Mrs Purple can be on my staff!
Absolutely! You'd both look great in green and white.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Only if Mrs Purple can be on my staff!
Absolutely! You'd both look great in green and white.
We'd still wear the Blue and Gold. And still be better than any team from West Virginia!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]