This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Another of my favorite traditional threads
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
2016 Releases I’m interested in seeing

London Has Fallen
Zootopia
The Jungle Book
Captain America: Civil War
Finding Dory
Independence Day Resurgence (Maybe. Trailer didn’t impress me. Tough sell without Will Smith. Part of the charm of the original was the contrasting personalities of his character and Dr. Ian Malcolm, I mean Jeff Goldblum. If I do see it, it will be a rental.)
The BFG
Jason Bourne 5 (Not sure of the title)
Pete’s Dragon
Ben Hur
Doctor Strange
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Moana
Magnificent Seven
Passengers
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Hacksaw Ridge
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Technically it came out a couple days before 2016, but we saw the 80mm roadshow edition of Hateful Eight and it was beautifully shotand scored. The story was one of Tarantino's weakest, but I still enjoyed it thoroughly.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Ben Hur? It better get the full treatment.

The Jungle Book trailer surprised me. It is still a rental but better than I would have guessed.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Ben Hur? It better get the full treatment.

The Jungle Book trailer surprised me. It is still a rental but better than I would have guessed.
Is that for sure coming out in 2016? They have been threatening us with it for awhile. I agree with you. It better get the full treatment. It's one thing to re launch Point Break but another to remake a classic. The bar is set pretty high what with the Academy Awards and all of the original
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Can someone please explain "batman vs. superman" to me? Are they enemies? I could google it but FF is much better. I chortle audibly.
Yes
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Well that's stupid.
I think there are also Nazi's involved
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
alabama24 wrote:Can someone please explain "batman vs. superman" to me? Are they enemies? I could google it but FF is much better. I chortle audibly.
Yes
Based on the trailer, they are more like rivals turned teammates than enemies.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
alabama24 wrote:Well that's stupid.
I think there are also Nazi's involved
I hope there are UFO's too. And transformers. And Ben Affleck. Wait... never mind. lol
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
In the Heart of the Sea should be good. Amazing real life story.
The Witch might be sufficiently creepy to be worthwhile.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
In the Heart of the Sea came out a month ago to raves from CJ. I admit that I am anxious to see it in my living room when it is available.

I just saw where a movie coming out this weekend called Gridiron Heroes is one that I have a major connection to without even knowing that it was being produced. Back when I was a sports reporter in Austin in the '90s, I saw a newspaper story mention that a kid had been paralyzed in a private school game in San Marcos near Texas State University. So I contacted the kid's school and then his family. I did a few stories where I followed him through rehab at TIRR Hospital here in Houston and then shared our stories with a station in his hometown of San Antonio and Fox Sports SW. They used the attention to build a foundation called 'Gridiron Heroes'. Pretty cool to see something like this come together.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
For those of you more into sports than whale hunting, I'd recommend Creed, esp. if you are fans of the early Rocky movies, because they make many references and allusions to Rocky I and II.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:For those of you more into sports than whale hunting, I'd recommend Creed, esp. if you are fans of the early Rocky movies, because they make many references and allusions to Rocky I and II.
Other than the cheesy scene with the motorcycles it was pretty solid
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:In The Heart of the Sea has terrible ratings on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic
From what I gather one of the major issues with that movie is that it's not as good as its premise and as the trailers sell it. The movie has been completed for awhile but they pushed the release date back to late 2015. Typically that means "Oscar Bait." When the reality that the movie was entertaining but not a "best of the year" movie for most, the question arose "Then why bother changing the release date?"
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:In The Heart of the Sea has terrible ratings on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic
Ratings do little for me. There have been many movies with poor ratings that I have thoroughly enjoyed.

With that said, this was a great movie. I came into it knowing the premise was off the book Moby Dick, but I was not sure how the movie would unfold. It was well done and the story was gripping. I went into it thinking it was a 5-6 on a 10 point scale and left saying it was in the 7-9 range.

It's all about expectations going in.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
revenant good, hateful 8 meh, bone tomahawk awful, heart of the sea bad.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I'm thinking Hateful 8 next week
The following week 13 Hours for sure
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]