This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Merry Christmas fellow FlameFans!

In what I guess is sort of a tradition around here, time to post what was under the tree (or in the inbox) for you this year.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
<crickets> lol

I have been saving up for a new iPad and bought one on sale... I also bought a new iPhone 6s with Christmas money and the generosity of a friend (W00T!). I bought my wife an Apple Watch.

Do those things make up for allowing my mom to get the kids Kindle Fire (Kid editions)? lol
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I have to say Im surprised to not hear as much chatter about gifts this year...course we will be opening gifts here in a little while, but I got the best gift of all earlier this week...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Gift Cards:
Duluth Trading
Lynchburg Arms
Barnes and Nobles
Logans
Subway
Jersey Mikes

XBoxOne
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I received a tie, a flannel shirt and a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime, my first electronics gift in about 20 years. (My parents wanted me to have useful gifts)
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I got an original artist rendering of the place where I proposed to my wife.

Also got a cherry wood storage case with glass window - for my cuff links.

A few books, gift cards and a portable cell phone charger.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Books, clothes, a few gift cards/money, and tons of candy/food.

Also bought a ps4 for myself a few days ago. Star Wars is the best game I've ever played.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Got a few smaller things but these are the key ones:
Subway gift card
Lowes gift card
Money
Apple TV
Kindle Fire case
2TB portable external hard drive
USB charger with quick charge 2.0
Walking Dead Seasons 1-5 on DVD
3rd Rock From the Sun complete series on DVD
Breaking Bad complete series on DVD
Big Bang Theory, 2 seasons on DVD
Memory foam mattress topper - I hear these things are amazing
2 Battery powered camp lanterns
Winter jacket

Not technically a Christmas gift, but I got it like a week before Christmas so close enough for me, my employer finally offered me a retirement plan because of some IRS regulations required them to offer it. It also required them to pay into the plan retroactively so I got $5K deposited into a retirement count and I'll be putting in 5% to their 8.5% going forward.

Bought myself a new Timex watch and a few tiny things. Mostly saving up my money to get a new phone because I'm sick of the LG G3.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Really enjoyed the 70-degree weather. I don't care if it didn't "feel" like Christmas outside. I liked it. Maybe I do need to move to Florida. The laser measure that Santa brought was kinda cool, too.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Gift Cards:
Duluth Trading
Jealous of that! What you gonna use it for? I've been wanting some Buck Naked underwear and Free Swingin' Flanel. :nod
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
30 for 30 series volumes
Adidas Polos - new job is all Adidas, old job was all Nike. Easy Christmas list
DiY Cheese Making Kit - I make pizza dough and sauce from scratch, so I'm excited to get into this one.
External Hard Drive
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Walmart gift card
Red Sox floor mats for my truck
Red Sox hat
Red Sox blanket
Tickets to a game of our choice at Fenway next summer, including lodging and childcare from the inlaws
Cash
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Mrs. Cider was very good to me:
--pair of waterproof Rockport boots
--2 racks of Kansas City-style baby back bbq ribs from Nueskeys.com
--pair of insulated leather gloves
--shelf for our basement to organize our canned goods

Generous neighbors also dropped off a variety of homemade baked goods--cakes, cookies, brownies, pretzels--but my favorite neighborhood gift was some Christmas blend coffee from Fresh Market! I may need to stock up on that and make that my weekend coffee. I also baked our first-ever prime rib roast, or at least my first since my college days as a cook at the Chattanooga Choo Choo.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUminary wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Gift Cards:
Duluth Trading
Jealous of that! What you gonna use it for? I've been wanting some Buck Naked underwear and Free Swingin' Flanel. :nod
Try the Ball room jeans!

I get 95% of my non work clothes from there. Very good quality. And I need TALL sizes. The Buck naked underwear is great. I have a bunch of different weights of flannels, some I like more than others. Their Armachillo shirts and Not Polo shirts are the bomb Also enjoy their hemp shirts. The Ball room jeans do as advertised as do all their pants.
My favorite pants are the Firehose You'd think they'd be hot, but they are really not and extremely comfy. I ordered 2 pairs of the 'lightweight' ones but sent them back because they were the wrong size.
Look for sales. But the cost is well worth the quality which is better than Columbia or anything at Belk.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
LUminary wrote:Really enjoyed the 70-degree weather. I don't care if it didn't "feel" like Christmas outside. I liked it. Maybe I do need to move to Florida. The laser measure that Santa brought was kinda cool, too.
But it's miserable down there once the summer weather hits.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
There is this thing called air conditioning and the beach that make it bearable. I always say it but I can't wait to get back down there.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:There is this thing called air conditioning and the beach that make it bearable. I always say it but I can't wait to get back down there.
Air conditioning doesn't make the entire outside not unbearably hot and humid.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
thepostman wrote:There is this thing called air conditioning and the beach that make it bearable. I always say it but I can't wait to get back down there.
That's where the swimming pools come into play.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
That's where the swimming pools come into play.
Can't do everything outside in the swimming pool, like mow the lawn, for example.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Among other things, I received tickets and lodging to go see the best basketball player in the history of the game on February 28th as Cleveland plays Washington.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah mowing the lawn does pretty much suck but for me personally the good outweighs the bad. It certainly is better than this God forsaken city.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:Among other things, I received tickets and lodging to go see the best basketball player in the history of the game on February 28th as Cleveland plays Washington.
Potentially one of the most blasphemous and incindiary remarks I've ever read on this board.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:
VAGolf wrote:Among other things, I received tickets and lodging to go see the best basketball player in the history of the game on February 28th as Cleveland plays Washington.
Potentially one of the most blasphemous and incindiary remarks I've ever read on this board.
Agreed. I was thinking to myself - did I miss something? Did Jordan come out of retirement again...
James is good, but he's not that good. Have you seen him shoot. Game the other night - missed 3 of 4 FTs in final minute and air balled a 3 - Jordan would have never done that. Jordan also would not have allowed Dellavedova to jump on a guys back to get a foul call - he would have told his coach to shove it and stole the ball.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]