This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

What did you think of Episode 7?

The force was strong with this one (It was the best film of the series.)
19%
This will begin to make things right (JJ Abrams has things headed in the right direction)
75%
Laugh it up Furball (Too much humor)
No votes
0%
These aren't the droids you're looking for (Overall Disappointed)
6%
Sly Fox wrote:It was campy fun to have all of the old actors and obvious references to the original trilogy.

Luke's situation remains as unclear now as before the film began.

It seemed like every character was the offspring of someone significant. So it sure seemed like they did everything they could to make room for Fin to be Lando's boy.

The only question i had walking out was determining who Rey's mom could be.
Han and Leah
Or Luke's love child after a weekend bender at Mos Eisley
Sly Fox wrote:
It seemed like every character was the offspring of someone significant. So it sure seemed like they did everything they could to make room for Fin to be Lando's boy.
:dontgetit The ONLY character we know about is Ren/Ben. All else is conjecture. I am inclined to believe Rey is related to Luke... But we don't KNOW that yet.
Sly Fox wrote:Three different directors for the three sequels ... and even more writers and directors for all of the sidebar movies that they will be spinning off in between the sequels. Disney being Disney.
I don't mind different directors for the spin offs but for the Main Event? Bad move
Rogue One looks good. Except there is another (actually a previous) Death Star
Purple Haize wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Three different directors for the three sequels ... and even more writers and directors for all of the sidebar movies that they will be spinning off in between the sequels. Disney being Disney.
I don't mind different directors for the spin offs but for the Main Event? Bad move
Rogue One looks good. Except there is another (actually a previous) Death Star
As a huge Star Wars fan I'm glad they have different directors for each, as long as they are competent directors working under competent producers. In this case, I believe they are. I'm a huge fan of Rian Johnson's work so I look forward to what he can do. Trevarow (sp) should do well. I enjoyed Jurassic World but didn't love it and think it earned more money that it was worth. That being said, I think he'll do better working under the Lucasfilm system than he did at Universal.

Remember, the original three Star Wars were all directed by different directors. The prequels were the only three where you had the same director and writer across all three.

It's good to slightly change tone for each one and bring a fresh perspective and can prevent stagnation.
Thought they went a little overboard with all the cameos, but it didn't distract too much. I really enjoyed it, but the story-line was just so rehashed. Luke obviously orchestrated the whole thing with Rey, and the 'why' will be the big reveal in the next one, but the offspring thing is getting really old.

I didn't like how Rey is suddenly a better fighter and Jedi than the First Order/Dark Side's top guy. Sorry, too convenient.
And the chasm, opening up right between Rey and Kylo, what is this a cartoon?

It was fun to watch Chewie go all Rambo after Han died. He needs more scenes like that.
And less droids this time, thankfully. The originals used the droids as their stock deus ex machina way too much. Not sure why they felt the need to bring back c3po (does anyone really like him?).
And thank you for giving Mark Hamill a beard and not giving him any lines. Unfortunately, they'll probably have to give him lines next time.
Watched again tonite. I really enjoyed it. Not having expectations but just enjoying it for what it was is probably why. I won't tell you what I compared it too because this is a family friendly board!
Totally missed the first time when Kylo was trying to get the info out of Rey that he was seeing a planet with a lot of water......and an island. Then we get the end of the movie......a plate with a lot of water and an island
Kylo had to have killed all the Jedi that Luke was training. The flashback with Rey holding the light saber and Luke's hand on R2 shows Kylo around a lot of dead bodies.
I'm 90% positive Rey is Han and Leah's daughter and they know it but Rey does not. Too many knowing looks. I feel there is a 10% chance it is Luke's But I'm not sure when he'd have time unless it was after kilo killed everyone and he went on a bender. But the age difference wouldn't work
Daisy Ridley........... :mrgreen:
Purple Haize wrote: Totally missed the first time when Kylo was trying to get the info out of Rey that he was seeing a planet with a lot of water......and an island. Then we get the end of the movie......a plate with a lot of water and an island
This is why I said Luke is orchestrating this whole thing. He's using the Force to lead Rey to him.

One question I've always had, why can't Jedis fly? Luke sort of did when Vader was trying to freeze him in carbon, but not really.
ALUmnus wrote:
Purple Haize wrote: Totally missed the first time when Kylo was trying to get the info out of Rey that he was seeing a planet with a lot of water......and an island. Then we get the end of the movie......a plate with a lot of water and an island
This is why I said Luke is orchestrating this whole thing. He's using the Force to lead Rey to him.

One question I've always had, why can't Jedis fly? Luke sort of did when Vader was trying to freeze him in carbon, but not really.
Well that just shows they are able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!

We need more Poe. He's the poor mans version of Solo!
'Who's supposed to talk first? Are supposed to talk first or am I suppose to talk first. ...' Love it
With Expectations, and without looking for the major plot twist, I am excited to watch it a second time, I think I will learn a lot more and appreciate it much more.

I liked it the first time as well.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]