This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am a sucker for great animation that gives numbers a true context. You have to check out the animation in the link below:
CBS Marketwatch wrote:The refugee crisis, captured in one staggering animated graphic

Published: Oct 29, 2015 1:13 p.m. ET

Lucify

By SHAWN LANGLOIS
MARKETS REPORTER

It can be difficult to fully comprehend the scope of the refugee crisis flaring up across Europe based on the numbers alone.

That’s where Lucify comes in.

The Finnish data visualization site took the U.N.’s monthly count of asylum-seekers from 2012 through 2015 and used the numbers to create an amazing animated graphic. Each moving dot represents 25 people leaving their home country and moving into another.

Read: What I learned travelling with Europe’s new migrants.

“We aimed to convey the magnitude of the crisis in a way that is intuitive, memorable and engaging,” the creators wrote on Medium. “After building a proof-of-concept, we recognized that such a visualization does not only show the scale of the numbers, but also beautifully tells the story of what those numbers mean.”

Check out the full graphic:
Click Here for Story & Incredible Animation

If I understand this correctly, starting July 1st,[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]