This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:
Humble_Opinion wrote:I've sort of run out of things to watch on Netflix.
Narcos

Regarding USA: Quality programing on there now. Starting and ending with Suits. Favorite show on TV.
Mr. Robot > anything else on basic cable. Every single episode for the first season has a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, allegedly the first show in Rotten Tomatoes history with a 100% for every episode of a season.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I turned Mr. Robot off after the third episode. I know it's got incredible reviews but it got too weird for me.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:I turned Mr. Robot off after the third episode. I know it's got incredible reviews but it got too weird for me.
That was mind numbingly normal compared to how it got the last 3 episodes
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:
Humble_Opinion wrote:I've sort of run out of things to watch on Netflix.
Narcos

Regarding USA: Quality programing on there now. Starting and ending with Suits. Favorite show on TV.
USA used to have a ton of great shows. Monk Psych White Collar etc. Now.....meh
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
The wife: Scandal, How to get away with murder and Greys anatomy
Me: ALL NCIS. I've been impressed with New Orleans and I love LA and the regular is probably still the best. Hawaii 5-0, CSI(not cyber)
Both: Castle, Big Bang theory
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Oh and one I forgot yet have no shame admitting: Girl Meets world.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Very good show...underrated program I think
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I know pilots are hit or miss but the girl meets world pilot was so awful that I haven't brought myself to watch it again. I have heard it's gotten better but yeah just can't do it.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
The second season is definitely better. It's comparable to the middle school years of Boy Meets World. They have their stupid Disney filler episodes but this season they've actually tried to tackle issues like BMW did.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Yes, the second season of Girl Meets World is much better. I'm also looking forward to Fuller House. There is even talk of doing a remake of Blossom once Big Bang Theory has had its last hurrah.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I hope Disney doesnt pull the plug on GMW too soon like they have done in the past with shows on Disney Channel
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I know pilots are hit or miss but the girl meets world pilot was so awful that I haven't brought myself to watch it again. I have heard it's gotten better but yeah just can't do it.
I watched the first three episodes because I was generous. 1.5 hours of my life gone to waste was all it accomplished.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
The premiere of American Horror Story: Hotel was especially insane even by AHS standards. Lady Gaga fits the role of a sexy, murdering, quasi-vampire pretty darn well.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Watched the first episode of The Grinder and it was great. Hoping to catch more of it.

I got hooked on House of Cards back in April and I'm looking for another Netflix binge. Has anyone seen Narcos? I have heard great things but haven't had time to watch it yet.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:The premiere of American Horror Story: Hotel was especially insane even by AHS standards. Lady Gaga fits the role of a sexy, murdering, quasi-vampire pretty darn well.
The terms "Lady Gaga" and "sexy" don't compute.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Not technically a Fall TV Show since the premiere doesn't actually air on TV until January, but NBC has released the first three episodes of Superstore on Hulu and on the NBC website, and it's fantastic. A workplace comedy that has a bit of an The Office feel. Stars Ben Feldman (most would recognize him from Ad Men or the ill-fated A to Z show last year).

http://www.hulu.com/watch/876982
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Is that the one that looks like they're working at Walmart? If so, that could have huge potential, there's SO much to work with there.

Also, my oldest daughter loves Supergirl, and I have to admit, it's actually pretty good.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
If I heard correctly, Superstore was made by some of same people at The Office.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:Is that the one that looks like they're working at Walmart? If so, that could have huge potential, there's SO much to work with there.

Also, my oldest daughter loves Supergirl, and I have to admit, it's actually pretty good.
Yes that is the one you are thinking about.

I watched the first episode of Supergirl and thought it was too childish for me. Same reason why I can't watch the vast majority of Marvel movies and TV shows, except for the Netflix originals. But I also haven't ever really liked Benoist, which likely doomed the show from the start for me at least.
Last edited by lynchburgwildcats on December 1st, 2015, 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:If I heard correctly, Superstore was made by some of same people at The Office.
Well that would explain it then.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Was only going to watch the first episode of Superstore and save the other 2 for when they actually air. Couldn't wait. Great stuff. Should be on for a while if NBC doesn't screw it up. Actually pretty funny, which seems to be pretty hard to find in a sitcom these days.

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]