This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Last Man Standing is worth watching just to hear Tim rip Hillary every week. That's my top show.
Also like: The Middle and The Goldbergs.
Watched a little of the new Muppets, couldn't watch any more. Loved the original back in the day, this one is terrible.
Haven't watched The Grinder yet, but looking forward to that.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:Last Man Standing is pretty good. One of the few sitcoms these days that is actually funny.
Agreed.

Also for you and anyone else out there. If you haven't seen the Daredevil series on Netflix you are missing out. It's SO much better than the movie version starring Affleck. The series seems as though it's only meant for one season - though I could be wrong.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Yacht Rock wrote:Call me old fashioned but we don't watch anything with nudity, etc in our house. That obviously rules out shows like Game of Thrones, etc.

So typically we wait a few weeks after a new show is out to check out the reviews that address any content issues so we can make a decision.

John Piper has a good explanation for why we should be careful when choosing what to watch.

http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/12- ... of-thrones
I don't consider you old fashioned at all. There are some excellent points in that link, especially the second paragraph of #10. We don't watch GoT either.
Our top shows (in no discerning order):
Modern Family
Survivor
Once Upon A Time
Big Bang Theory
The Middle
The Goldbergs

Still trying to get into Heroes: Reborn
:jawdropper I'm shocked :mrgreen: a
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: Also for you and anyone else out there. If you haven't seen the Daredevil series on Netflix you are missing out.
YES, this was an amazing series, can't wait for the next season to come out. Some of the best fight scenes you will ever see.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Brooklyn 99 continues to shine.

Blackish is hilarious and gives a unique voice to middle class black people (like myself).

Love the Goldbergs! Adam Goldberg answers tweets too. He is a Philly guy like me. The show is set in the very town that my family now lives (Jenkintown/Abington PA).

The Good Wife is a great Network Drama.

Grinder and God Fathered will both make it and I liked the pilots.

Life in Pieces is trying to be Modern Family but it is not. Still watchable though.

Modern Family continues to be one of the best shows on TV.

Can't wait for the Americans to come back!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
yes, Brooklyn Nine Nine is probably my favorite comedy on network tv right now. Glad I'm not alone on that!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Where do you guys find time to watch this much TV? But thanks for paring down the options for me.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
DVR and I work from home. It takes no effort to throw on Blackish while working on a design.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That is why it's all 30 minute comedies for me right now. I can find 30 minutes from time to time. An hour is pushing it these days.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It seems like I watch more TV when I am traveling. The only time I can kick back for TV at home outside of football on Saturdays is for a half hour a couple of nights a week. Perhaps I need better time management skills.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Disappointed in Dr Ken
Ken Jeong did well, as expected. The supporting cast was awful, especially basically everyone at the doctor's office. Some of those people were just downright annoying. Get rid of those people and it would be a lot better.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
ALUmnus wrote:It's not new, but I love Blackish.
Blackish is pretty dang good.
I boycott it because of the name of the show. Imagine the outrage there would be if there was a show called Whiteish.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Where do you guys find time to watch this much TV? But thanks for paring down the options for me.
There's nothing to do in Farmville. Most of my friends live in either Lynchburg, the Richmond area, or nowhere close so weekends are about the only times I can really do anything with them. I live like 2 minutes from work. I stay up to midnight most nights. I eat lunch at my desk so I can have an extra hour away from work every day. Plus I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu so I can watch a whole crap load of stuff on demand whenever I want.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:Can't wait for the Americans to come back!
I'm waiting for season 3 to pop up on Amazon Prime. Wednesday nights are the one terrible night for me as far as watching TV shows go. Unfortunately Dish doesn't get me access to FX Now, and with basic cable (to save a ton of money), I don't have a box of any sort so no DVR for me. Sure as heck not about to get a Tivo and pay $15 a month either! Sucks because the 10-11 pm timeslot on FX/FXX on Wednesdays is some of the best programming on TV.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yes. Can't wait for The Americans to return. Along with Manhattan
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I'm with you, Sly. I DVR a lot of stuff. But it often takes forever for me to get around to watching it.

The most TV I watch is DVD episodes of the greatest show in history: The West Wing.

I'm convinced Jed Bartlett would win with 60% of the vote in 2016.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Where do you guys find time to watch this much TV? But thanks for paring down the options for me.
Some of us don't have kids yet
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:I'm with you, Sly. I DVR a lot of stuff. But it often takes forever for me to get around to watching it.

The most TV I watch is DVD episodes of the greatest show in history: The West Wing.

I'm convinced Jed Bartlett would win with 60% of the vote in 2016.
It'd be more than that.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
The DVR is my friend but like SJ I work from home so it is easy to watch 30 minute shows in about 20 minutes.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
Ken Jeong did well, as expected. The supporting cast was awful, especially basically everyone at the doctor's office. Some of those people were just downright annoying. Get rid of those people and it would be a lot better.
Yeah Ken was about what I expected of him but the rest of the cast was terrible. Tisha Campbell as the office manager/nurse was the most annoying. I don't think I will give it a second chance.

You should give Blackish a chance though. It is really funny and deals with race in a hilarious way. The family is funny but the co-workers in the office really make the show.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
Yeah Ken was about what I expected of him but the rest of the cast was terrible. Tisha Campbell as the office manager/nurse was the most annoying. I don't think I will give it a second chance.

You should give Blackish a chance though. It is really funny and deals with race in a hilarious way. The family is funny but the co-workers in the office really make the show.
If it's on a Wednesday before 10 and it's not on Netflix/Amazon/Hulu then it's a no-go
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Mostly I catch shows when I'm at work because my sister loads the dvr at my parents' house with food network and discovery channel shows she never watches. I'm excited for Mike and Molly as well
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:That should probably go in my sig. But that would be misrepresenting the context.
That wouldn't stop me. How ' bout them horns?
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:I've sort of run out of things to watch on Netflix.
Narcos

Regarding USA: Quality programing on there now. Starting and ending with Suits. Favorite show on TV.
UTEP

We lose finale 4-3. There's not enough room on th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]