This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:If I heard correctly, Superstore was made by some of same people at The Office.
I watched the first three episodes. Pretty funny. Has potential. I don't see anyone from The Office in the credits... if there are any, I think they are pretty far down the line.

EDIT: The creator (Justin Spitzer) wrote (or co-wrote) 11 episodes of the Office.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I heard it very quickly in passing. No idea the details. I don't watch much TV at all this time of year, but I caught that snippet while it was on in the hotel room.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
It's not "fall TV", but if you haven't checked out Chef's Table on Netflix, you're missing out. It's really well done.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I don't know if anyone watches Scandal, but the last episode was pretty sickening. In general, my wife and I have enjoyed the shows created by Shonda Rhimes. However, her political bent has been showing up more and more the past few seasons and after watching the last episode of Scandal on Hulu last night, I just don't know if I can take it anymore.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Man In The High Castle anyone?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Man In The High Castle anyone?
A couple of episodes. Unsure at this point. Have you watched more?

FWIW - I am hoping the rumors of the prime app coming to the new Apple TV are true. It will be easier to watch then.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Man In The High Castle anyone?
Been on my to-watch list since it was first announced. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Still catching up on Homeland
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Speaking of Man in the High Castle, another Amazon product I found enjoyable was Red Oaks. Half hour sitcom, only like 10 episodes so you can get it knocked out pretty quickly. One of those sitcoms that isn't all that funny (at least in my opinion) but just entertaining.

7.6 rating on IMDB, pretty solid rating for a sitcom these days. 81% critic score on Rotten Tomatoes, 93% audience score. For some reason the series isn't certified fresh but the debut season, which was this fall, is certified fresh at 81%. Don't know how the series isn't certified fresh when the only season is.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Fargo may be the best thing currently airing on TV.

You're the Worst season 2 has been pretty good. Aya Cash's portrayal of clinical depression is some of the best acting on TV right now.

The Grinder = :lol:. Rob Lowe is so over the top ridiculous it's hilarious.

Hearing great things about the below:
Master of None on Netflix. 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Jessica Jones on Netflix, 92% RT

Amazon's Catastrophe, 100% RT

100% for a comedy? That's pretty rare. Only the third and fourth time it's happened since 2011 - Veep season 3 and Jane The Virgin season 1 would be the other two.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Jane the Virgin is intolerable. That throws a 100% rating into question right there.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:Jane the Virgin is intolerable. That throws a 100% rating into question right there.
If you like over the top soap opera's it's fantastic, except the problem is it's an over the top soap opera. I watched a few episodes and that was about all I could handle. If you are a dude and like it your man card should be revoked. Petra though is :flamingdevil

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm that[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]