This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:We aren't the hottest dude but we really really really wanna go to the senior prom. So we've been asking this chick that we figured we could definitely get. She's not super hot, more like office hot. Well maybe more like the chick in Pretty in Pink that wasn't popular, but she's good with cars or something.

Anyway... we're all set to go, got the tux, rented the limo- we're just waiting for this chick to confirm. And nobody else asked her so this is all but in the bag.

Then we find that while we were stepped out for a smoke, this chick goes and slums around the 9th grade lockers and picks up the first freshman she finds. I mean, the kid isn't ready- doesn't have a tux or even a dress shirt or nice shoes, but she asks HIM instead.

Obviously we hit the ceiling, call her a skank and never talk to her again. Then we get hammered and run her down to everyone else at the bar.

/endofstory
Yacht Rock wrote:I'll be the first to say that if Coastal is what the SB considers #FBSReady then we dodged a bullet.

This is basically like that time you asked a girl to prom and she turned you down. For a few days you felt sad but then you walked up behind her and saw her eating her own boogers when nobody was looking.

At that point you realize, "I'm glad that didn't work out."
flamesfilmguy wrote:a wise roommate of mine once made analogies this way and I think it applies here: The sun belt turning us down and going after Coastal is like having the prettiest girl in school tell you she wants you to ask her to prom but instead of asking her, you ask her not as good looking friend instead because she has a much more fun personality. in this analogy We are the prettiest girl in school. Money wise, Facilities wise and so on. We have one major detraction though, our mission, Coastal is the friend with the better personality but not as good of looks. They fit what the sun belt wants without having the detraction of a controversial mission.
Cider Jim wrote:Sly's right--we knocked off JMU in the playoffs, and now even the Sun Belt message board guys want to dance with us. To use Super's often-used analogy, we're no longer the ugly girl at the prom; our braces and pig tails are gone, and now we're the homecoming queen:

http://csnbbs.com/thread-715743.html
R i wrote:Enter SuperJon with the ugly girl at prom illustration.
sigmo7 wrote:but i reckon some people will put there tux on the day of the prom and hope the mean girl calls right at the last minute after he first few options cancel.

if we follow in the footsteps of most teams that move up we will be sucking hind tit for a while. i would prefer to suck the hind tit on the biggest sow we can latch on to. not just any tit available. we aren't gonna starve to death. we still have the BSC to nurse us along
jlread wrote:I've always Loved the WAC Idea. Jerry's vision was from Sea to Shining Sea....Let's Go national!!! Not to mention the WAC is like an Ugly girl that's easy to Pickup for the Prom...(unchristian like analogy,,,,Apologies )
SuperJon wrote:We're with the girl that we know we're better than but we can't leave her because we don't want to be alone. The first chance that we find out that another girl is interested, we're bailing on our current girl. Is the new one what we ultimately want? Probably not. Oh well. YOLO, right?
SuperJon wrote:Someone earlier described it great, but I'm going to tweak what they said: We are the ugly, overweight freshman who started working out, learned how to dress, and started looking good by his senior year but when it got time to ask the cheerleader to prom, he got so nervous because he wasn't used to having a shot with girls like her that he did one small thing to shoot himself in the foot and cost him the date.
SuperJon wrote:Here's what you don't realize - we, the fans, aren't happy that we had to take the chick from the math team to the prom. We would've much rather taken the hot cheerleader. The thing is, the chick from the math team is who said yes, and right now, the cheerleader already has a date. Until there's a chance for us to get a date with the cheerleader, we've got to make due with the chick from the math team as best as possible. At least next year she gets contacts and the braces come off.
El Scorcho wrote:There are no hot girls waiting for us to ask them to the prom. We're taking the ugly one. Every year. Deal with it.
Ed Dantes wrote:I'm torn. It's would be like going to the prom with the fat girl and have to sit with the rest of the mutants at table nine http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ble%20nine. I'd just as soon blow the whole thing off...
Hold My Own wrote:Has anyone seen that commercial where the winner of the prom queen is a girl nobody expected? For whatever reason that comes to mind when I read Beej's post
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Phenomenal. Some of us are very gifted
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:Phenomenal. Some of us are very gifted
That's what she said
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
you're absolutely right
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
There is also this one
Fumblerooskies wrote:What about my HS prom date...uh...never mind.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote: 2) the reason I put him in that category is the fact that while he may be interested, I don't think we need to be like the girl who falls in love with a guy, dates him for two years, gets engaged and when he sees all the responsibility he is getting into, breaks up with you for another girl, then comes back 6 months later.
BuryYourDuke wrote:The key isn't that I didn't have a college team that I cared much about growing up. The key is that I chose to come to Liberty.

What I've gathered from this discussion is this: a lot of y'all are still writing love letters to the girl that rejected you in high school.
SuperJon wrote:What I'm saying is you don't drop $1 million on something that's simply an "opportunity." If you're spending that much money, it better be a really good opportunity.

You don't go to the dance with the ugly girl if you know you've gotta pay for dinner, tickets, flowers, and everything else.

If the girl is pretty enough, you don't mind paying for any of that.
Hold My Own wrote:I truly believe he already regrets this last move from some of the things I've heard.

We've talked about how this is a lot like breaking up with a girl...sure sometimes both parties are cool and sometimes some are going to be bitter but either way you dont want to see the girl for a while...and DEFINITELY NOT wearing her new boyfriends football jersey

not sure if anyone cares or not but that's an NCAA violation...you cannot have contact with players outside of your CURRENT place of employment...
SuperJon wrote: With all that being said, I can't help but lump him in with McKay. I know that he is not McKay and what McKay did doesn't mean he'll do it too, but I'm sorry, I'm human. I can't make that distinction. Most people I've talked to are the same way. No one has a bad thing to say about Soucie except that he's so tightly linked to McKay that they feel a little dirty. It's like your best friend breaking up with a girl and then you still hang out with the girl behind his back. It doesn't feel right.
olldflame wrote:I heard one ESPN commentator compare the Nebraska fans to the girl at the bar who thinks she is a "10" when in fact she is a "7". It's going to take a lot to get that program back anywhere near where it was, and I think they need a young coach who is a "legacy" like Gill, to be there long term to do it.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
This thread has potential, like the girl who plays fantasy football and hates chick flicks.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:This thread has potential, like the girl who plays fantasy football and hates chick flicks.
and can swap out the motor/trans in a '85 T-bird
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
flamesfilmguy wrote:This thread has potential, like the girl who plays fantasy football and hates chick flicks.
Yeah, but is that girl even interested in our kind?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
PAmedic wrote:
Yeah, but is that girl even interested in our kind?
Considering that she married my ex-girlfriend, probably not
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Don't forget the awkward liberty couple thread..... ( I beat Beej to the punch)
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Sigmo's gets my early vote. Combining a prom analogy with an analogy about farm animals is just so...West Virginian!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Sigmo's gets my early vote. Combining a prom analogy with an analogy about farm animals is just so...West Virginian!
Sigmo had you sold as soon as he said "reckon." It was like being back in Morgantown. :wink:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]