This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Kid makes clock and it must be a bomb.

Good job, Texas.
AND at a Whataburger, clerk refuses to serve police officers.

I am thoroughly ashamed to be residing in this state.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I'm sure your Texan brethren will spin it somehow. I'm shocked he hasn't chimed in already.
They both occurred in Dallas suburbs, I'm sure he'll blame it on it being Dallas rather than a Texas thing (although from my observations, Sly thinks Houston represents all of Texas except Dallas whereas I feel it is only Houston and areas south of Austin that seem to have any negative feelings towards the Big D).
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
I know we are all like "THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS!!$!%!" but if some dude came walking into school that looked muslim or some disgruntled white kid, and had a bunch of wires with a clock face attached to it, I'm getting the fuzz out that place.

I have no problem with handling it in some way but suspension and cuffs and a visit to a detention center is ridiculous without reading much more of the story.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Did you guys even see the "clock"? It looks exactly how I would picture a bomb to look. That kid was an idiot.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:Did you guys even see the "clock"? It looks exactly how I would picture a bomb to look. That kid was an idiot.
They showed pictures on the news down here, so yes, I did. The kid is an engineering student. He showed it to his engineering teacher who advised him that it may be best not to show any other teachers. The alarm on the clock started beeping, and his English teacher became annoyed and that's where the overreactions began.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
which means he's already weird. i work with 20 used to be "engineering" students. if any of them walked into the office with that thing, i'm going home.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:which means he's already weird. i work with 20 used to be "engineering" students. if any of them walked into the office with that thing, i'm going home.
Yes, engineering people are weird, but without them, we wouldn't have cars, cell phones, computers, etc...
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
or bombs
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Now that made me laugh out loud.

The location of the clock situation was irrelevant.

As for Whataburger, that was bizarre and the company is handling this mess well by canning the kid and publicly apologizing.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]