This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Can anyone help me with this problem.

Recently, we started printing our bulletins at church with a 3" perforated column that we used to collect info from visitors, and we're also using it for prayer requests.

What we basically did was switch from printing our bulletins using regular letter paper in a landscaped format to using blank legal paper that is pre-perforated three inches from the edge if you look at the paper in landscape orientation.

What happens is, another church member does most of the bulletin in Microsoft Word and sends it to me. It's formatted in the letter style, landscape.

What I have been doing is I simply printed the info for the 3" tabs onto two sets of legal paper...and then I plug in my sermon info, etc, into the letter bulletin...then I just place it on the copier to get it correctly onto the legal perforated paper.

This seems to be a cheesy way of doing it. I have Word 2010 and Publisher 2010. I made the perforated columns using publisher...but when I try to paste in the Word info, I loose some of the formating...even if I choose, "Keep source formatting".

I can created a third column in the Word doc and change the paper settings....and it's easy to do one side...

but on the flip side I've got to reverse the columns so that it prints out correctly...and it ends up being a mess.

Is there any software (Wordperfect, or some other word processor/publisher) that will let me import a 2 page Word document as single pages/and or let's me statically add a third column without messing up the other columns and text?

We are not using the Lifeway pre-made bulletins...we actually make our own...so having a static thing that I could plug the bulletin into would be great...a way of digitally doing what I'm doing with a copier right now.

Thanks for your help!

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]