This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
This is an amazing map produced by a guy up at UVa that shows racial makeup of areas based on 2010 Census data. It is a huge project and you can zoom in extremely close for greater detail.

Click Here for Map

I could spend hours searching this map.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Looking at Lynchburg, the "reds" are so stereotypically true: Waldon Pond and The Vistas. And it looks like LU ships all it's diversity over to the annex.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Very cool to play around with. The lack of diversity along the water in my area is astounding. So much blue along the whole Gulf Coast of Florida.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:Very cool to play around with. The lack of diversity along the water in my area is astounding. So much blue along the whole Gulf Coast of Florida.
Its also blue along the coast of VA Beach, and then green in Norfolk, Portsmouth, Hampton and Newport News.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I like how we can veil our politically incorrect terms for races with graph colors. This neighborhood is for the reds. Greens want nothing to do with them.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:I like how we can veil our politically incorrect terms for races with graph colors. This neighborhood is for the reds. Greens want nothing to do with them.
Most Environmentalists are Communists
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i wish he'd of made it so we could compare other years census data. lots of work but would of been amazing to compare.

growing up i lived in a town village with tons of areas to fish. rivers, canals, we had 3 spill over dams that were popular fishing holes. all within riding distance. I was commenting a few weeks back how within the last 5-10 years, these spots are ALWAYS full of asian people fishing. Whats nice is they clean up after themselves and leave it like they found it so they are much preferable to the normal trash we get at these spots.

there is a huge red spot that i guarantee wasn't there 10 years ago in an area of town. I wonder what brought them specifically here. I try to ask or have conversations but there is certainly a language barrier.
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]