This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
[youtube]
[/youtube]

There are some bad words in there at times, but if you've got 20 minutes, watch this. It makes me so mad that people are corrupting the Gospel like this.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Sad but true. The prosperity-gospel and Word of Faith vultures are a dime a dozen, and have been for a long time.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
There are a lot of them, some subtle and many obvious. It is amazing how many, really, but I guess the money that pours in just perpetuates the whole thing. There are a few books on the subject, some that name the more prominent names. Hank Hanegraff's "Counterfeit Revival" comes to mind.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
This is why it irritates me when LU associates with these people. It's always been a common assumption among the average joe that Jerry was one of these guys, and for the school to go anywhere near them is so incredibly harmful.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:This is why it irritates me when LU associates with these people. It's always been a common assumption among the average joe that Jerry was one of these guys, and for the school to go anywhere near them is so incredibly harmful.
Ding Ding Ding Ding
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
what i find funny is that john oliver isn't breaking any new ground here or making any revelations that haven't been made a million times before. He just has a vehicle to get them out in the mainstream now.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:what i find funny is that john oliver isn't breaking any new ground here or making any revelations that haven't been made a million times before. He just has a vehicle to get them out in the mainstream now.
ANd he actually does it in an entertaining way.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:what i find funny is that john oliver isn't breaking any new ground here or making any revelations that haven't been made a million times before. He just has a vehicle to get them out in the mainstream now.
Totally agree with this. I knew this stuff was going on, but I hadn't seen it portrayed the way he did. He used his platform to get it out.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]