This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Yacht Rock wrote:There are some apps that will allow you to fine tune your iOS camera to meet the environment you're in.

In a dark environment (concert), it is tougher to get a good image without a dslr but if you know what to adjust to shoot in low light, you can improve some of your image quality.

That's all I have to say about that.
I would be interested in these Apps you speak of. I have Alice Cooper/Motley Crüe coming up
Purple Haize wrote:You've seen my vids and pics on FB. You are telling me that's the best we can get?
Are you sure you weren't at a Jimmy Buffett concert? Did you do a B double 'e' double Are You In before taking the pics?

Or maybe you just need to quit Twerking while taking the pics.
lol
flamehunter wrote:If you want Verizon's coverage at a cheaper price - I went to Total Wireless a couple months ago. It is Verizon's entry into the pay as you go market and uses their network. So far coverage is good everywhere I have been. Unlimited talk and text and 2 gigs for $35 a month.
I'm on ntelos now and thinking about doing something similar, except with Cricket wireless. $60/month for 2.5gb each line, after taxes. Owned by At&t, so you can bring your own phone type deal and save some money. Not oblivious to the fact that it's not as strong as Verizon, so that's my only concern. But right now with ntelos, I'm paying $110 after taxes for 1gb....shared. Such garbage, especially since I still had to pony up some money for the phones anyway. Can't imagine having to shell out $130-$150 post paid with the big 4 though.
rhezick wrote:
flamehunter wrote:If you want Verizon's coverage at a cheaper price - I went to Total Wireless a couple months ago. It is Verizon's entry into the pay as you go market and uses their network. So far coverage is good everywhere I have been. Unlimited talk and text and 2 gigs for $35 a month.
I'm on ntelos now and thinking about doing something similar, except with Cricket wireless. $60/month for 2.5gb each line, after taxes. Owned by At&t, so you can bring your own phone type deal and save some money. Not oblivious to the fact that it's not as strong as Verizon, so that's my only concern. But right now with ntelos, I'm paying $110 after taxes for 1gb....shared. Such garbage, especially since I still had to pony up some money for the phones anyway. Can't imagine having to shell out $130-$150 post paid with the big 4 though.
My family just moved from Sprint to Verizon. We were Sprint customers for 11 years but I just couldn't take the fact that once I crossed the river to Madison Heights, I would have little to no signal. I asked for years that they would upgrade the signal but they did not. We're paying about $61 a month, that includes 10 GB shared data, unlimited talk and text, and 5 iPhone 6 64 gb. I got a 6 plus so it's $4 more a month. Not to mention I am getting back almost $1000 in bill credit for turning in any old, working smart phone. I now have LTE in Lynchburg and boy is it nice.
I can't leave Verizon. I have an old nationwide family plan with 4 lines grandfathered with unlimited data. I will stay with this plan till the cows come home. We have one additional line with 2gb of data. When we need to upgrade a phone, we go online and switch upgrades to that line and order the phone we want. When it comes in we activate it on the unlimited line. The downside is I can't get any of my grown "children" to buy their own plans (:
LUDad wrote:I can't leave Verizon. I have an old nationwide family plan with 4 lines grandfathered with unlimited data. I will stay with this plan till the cows come home. We have one additional line with 2gb of data. When we need to upgrade a phone, we go online and switch upgrades to that line and order the phone we want. When it comes in we activate it on the unlimited line. The downside is I can't get any of my grown "children" to buy their own plans (:
What will you do when you inherit a farm then?
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
LUDad wrote:I can't leave Verizon. I have an old nationwide family plan with 4 lines grandfathered with unlimited data. I will stay with this plan till the cows come home. We have one additional line with 2gb of data. When we need to upgrade a phone, we go online and switch upgrades to that line and order the phone we want. When it comes in we activate it on the unlimited line. The downside is I can't get any of my grown "children" to buy their own plans (:
What will you do when you inherit a farm then?
I'll just have to make the grown kids tend the cows when they do come home :D
my dad played dumb and i ended up having the entire plan ownership transfered to me. its absurd. i get monthly checks from 2 people (my brothers) and my mom writes my 1 big check at the beginning of the year. It drives me nuts but i have all the power
RubberMallet wrote:
my dad played dumb and i ended up having the entire plan ownership transfered to me. its absurd. i get monthly checks from 2 people (my brothers) and my mom writes my 1 big check at the beginning of the year. It drives me nuts but i have all the power

I just did the same thing. It's a little tense but working out well.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]