This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For the record, I extol the greatness of the Lone Star State. I live in suburban Houston and have my house for sale to move to exurban Houston. Inside the city limits, the government is being controlled by liberals as evidenced by the election of our notorious mayor.

Every place has its bad apples.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I thought Houston was free of bad apples!!?? That is what I was led to believe anyways. My world has now been shattered.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I thought Houston was free of bad apples!!?? That is what I was led to believe anyways. My world has now been shattered.
All the cool kids in Texas come to Dallas. We're not free of bad apples, our streets are not paved with gold and the Trinity River isn't made of milk and honey like the way Sly sells South Texas, but I'll take the Metroplex over the swamp that can't handle a little rain and freaks out at the tiniest tropical storm any day.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who wants to move to Texas. Or AZ. Or NV
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
But we all know the two best towns in TX are San Antonio and DFW :)
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:I'm pretty sure the cool kids are in Austin.
No, that's where the weird ones are and they try and keep it that way :P

FFG is right
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who wants to move to Texas. Or AZ. Or NV
I'm in the same boat Haize-Virginia or Texas.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I have a short list of states I'd live in. TX and GA are the top 2. then VA, NC, and TN. lol
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
If it doesn't border North Carolina, I'm not so sure I want to live there.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
SJ speaks the truth when it comes to Texas. Austin is on a whole other level. I personally enjoy San Antonio as well. But the Metroplex reminds me of NOVA West with an extra dose or two of pretention for good measure. Although I admit that I am somewhat down with Fort Worth altghough that is changing as it begins to become more like its big haired and overdressed sister to the east.
UTEP

We lose finale 4-3. There's not enough room on th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]