This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
The outrage should not be new, because we've all known what Planned Parenthood does. But this is a chance to capture the hearts of those who don't care, or have bought into the rhetoric. To change the culture.
It's also an opportunity to go on the offensive and rid the world of this organization.

I hope everyone has seen these already, but here's what we have so far...
(warning, some of the scenes are graphic. full unedited versions are also on youtube)

[youtube]
[/youtube]

[youtube]
[/youtube]

[youtube]
[/youtube]

[youtube]
[/youtube]

More videos to come....

Please pray for all involved.
Call your senators and representative.
Donate to your local pregnancy crisis center or church's adoption fund. If your church doesn't have an adoption fund, make sure you start one. MANY good families want to adopt, they just can't afford the adoption process.
Consider opening your home to Foster kids.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
These videos speak volumes (and you can't edit in, or out, what they reveal). Of course, don't think they've aired on NBC. Mika B. spent three days expressing her moral outrage about Mike Huckabee's recent comments but not a peep on Morning Joe about this. No surprise. These videos have brought the issue back to the forefront where it belongs.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Im only 2 Videos in, but I will keep watching. I have read a bit about it, but seeing the videos drives the evil to another level.

Thank You for sharing.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Speaks volumes about our society when Cecil the lion gets multiple stories daily but this is barely, if at all, mentioned in the MSM. And the CA attorney general is much more concerned over the producers of these under cover videos than what the videos revealed.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Speaks volumes about our society when Cecil the lion gets multiple stories daily but this is barely, if at all, mentioned in the MSM. And the CA attorney general is much more concerned over the producers of these under cover videos than what the videos revealed.
This.

Drives me crazy and just demonstrates that a lot of hearts need to be changed.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Did they mention how many doctors who perform abortions declined the invite or offer?
By Kiwon
Frankly, the apathy of people over obvious depravity is depressing.

That such a wide swath of society is nonplussed by evil is a startling testament to the spiritual dullness and moral wickedness in modern America.

"Righteousness exalts a nation, But sin is a disgrace to any people" (Proverbs 14:34).... Those words sting when you consider what the government of Germany permitted during the Holocaust, what China permits in harvesting the organs of condemned prisoners, and the government sanctioned experiments and commercialization done on aborted and full-term babies from women in North Koreans labor camps.

That the U.S. Government would allow anything resembling these regimes is sickening.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Ben Carson Drops Truth Bomb About Planned Parenthood

CNN’s Jake Tapper and Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson discussed the ongoing controversy surrounding Planned Parenthood’s apparent complicity in the harvest and sale of aborted body parts during a recent segment of The Lead.

https://youtu.be/mzjP59ZXt4E
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Makes me sick to my stomach and I haven't watched any of the videos. I haven't been able to bring myself to it. Abortion has always confused me. This is murder justified. Nothing more nothing less.

I hope this is a wake up call.

I couldn't care less about gay people getting married but murdering babies should be something that upsets more than just Christians.

Oh wait a lion was killed. Let's talk about that instead.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
No fan of abortion. I see little moral argument for it. I am baffled that the Nation hasn't at least compromised as to a set time before abortion is no longer permitted. I do favor a 'health of child and/or mother' clause.
One of the hardest things I had to do was realize that Jesus loves those Doctors who perform abortions as much as the children who were aborted.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
What thepostman and Purple said. Although I think "health of child/mother," may be a little overbroad, perhaps if the life of the mother is threatened. I used to not even be in favor of that, until someone explained it to me like a self-defense principle.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:What thepostman and Purple said. Although I think "health of child/mother," may be a little overbroad, perhaps if the life of the mother is threatened. I used to not even be in favor of that, until someone explained it to me like a self-defense principle.

Self Defense ?

Man thats weird.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:
ATrain wrote:What thepostman and Purple said. Although I think "health of child/mother," may be a little overbroad, perhaps if the life of the mother is threatened. I used to not even be in favor of that, until someone explained it to me like a self-defense principle.

Self Defense ?

Man thats weird.
Well, think about it, if someone is threatening your life and you have a gun, do you shoot them or let them kill you?

Not that the unborn has any choice in the matter (unlike the criminal threatening your life), but if there is a significant risk to the mother's life, she should have the option to defend herself. Otherwise, abortion should be totally illegal.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
What do you mean by "health of child"? In what instance would the health of the child be cause for killing the child?
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
science in both its ability to keep even the earliest children alive as well as what it can show us from a genetic standpoint will soon leave abortion as we know it in the dust. That doesn't mean there won't be some other way of controling population but these acts will be deemed to barbaric to continue.

right now the silence from the left on these are telling. they are not talking about the videos at all. PP is questioning the way in which they were collected, but not in any way the content. not even mentioning it. My conversations with my left leaning friends are pretty telling. Noone wants to shout down womens rights/choice but they all inside feel ugly about it. You can tell just talking to any of them. and the left and media are not touching the content either. Any mention of PP incites mentions of womens health and all the good parts of the things they do for women. NOT the content.

thousands of years down the road society will look on these last hundred years as near neanderthalic for many reasons. We will be found in digital text books along side the dark ages, early man, and the mongols.

even the preachers of the atheist community are starting to understand the implications of abortion and start to stand against it.

Only 3rd world countries and Muslim communities have a birth rate that will sustain their populace. European and Western whites are steadily not having enough children to replenish themselves. Asians are aborting females at such a rapid number that there are now like 900 females born to every 1000 males. It’s a complete changing of natural reproductive statistics and the effects will be drastic down the road.

Once we are able to determine with any probability the intelligence, sexual orientation(O REALLY), height, any possibly health issues like we can gender….that is when we'll see its collapse..(God I hope so anyway) of the modern(sic) abortion.

abortion numbers here are shrinking at least. either through same sex practices or the hard work that communities do to education people on it. Its working slowly.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:What do you mean by "health of child"? In what instance would the health of the child be cause for killing the child?
That's a good point, I'll be interested to hear Haize's explanation.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
ALUmnus wrote:What do you mean by "health of child"? In what instance would the health of the child be cause for killing the child?
That's a good point, I'll be interested to hear Haize's explanation.
Let's set the standard that these types of abortions are rare. Abortions as birth control is abhorent to me It's something I have to deal with in my job and it wasn't always easy

What I mean by 'health' may be better described as 'life'. If the physicians know the child will not survive labor, what do you do? We get into a sticky wicket when we start saying abortion is justified b/c the child may have something like Downs Syndrome, but it becomes more difficult when a mother is forced to give 'birth' to a dead/dying child. I know of the stories of mothers that have been in that situation and the child lived for a little while and they thought it was worth it. Fine. I have also heard the side where they didn't want to put the child through that. When it comes to the Mother, it should be life and a broad interpretation of physical health. Who am I to make the decision that a husband and child must carry on with out a wife/mother? That's a horrible choice that has to be made and should be up to those people, not someone holding a graphic sign outside an OB/GYN clinic
Again, abortion as a form of drastic birth control is difficult if not impossible to defend. But IMO, there is room for smal 'exceptions'
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
It's not "forcing" a mother to give birth to a dead child. It's medically necessary for the stillborn child to be delivered.

"I have also heard the side where they didn't want to put the child through that." Putting the child through what, being born? Where medicine could perhaps heal or limit their pain? That just doesn't make sense to me. It's euthanasia.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:It's not "forcing" a mother to give birth to a dead child. It's medically necessary for the stillborn child to be delivered.

"I have also heard the side where they didn't want to put the child through that." Putting the child through what, being born? Where medicine could perhaps heal or limit their pain? That just doesn't make sense to me. It's euthanasia.
The child was going to be born in an extreme amount of pain and not survive long. Call it what you like.
By 'dead child' I meant one who wouldn't survive long if at all outside the womb. That is different than 'still born'
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
So you deliver by C-section and give the baby every possible chance at survival you can. Don't chop them up because they might not survive. Either every life is precious or none are.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:So you deliver by C-section and give the baby every possible chance at survival you can. Don't chop them up because they might not survive. Either every life is precious or none are.
I understand your position. I also understand this is an extremely rare occurrence. It also goes to show why the Abortion debate is so screwed up and nothing can get done. Instead of focusing on where people agree on limiting/reducing abortions, it becomes an 'all or nothing' campaign. You could get a vast majority of Americansto agree to eliminate 3rd Trimester abortions. They are by far the most heinous. Even with a 'life of mother exception' you could still save a lot of lives. People can agree on this. Granted, it's not an oft done procedure comparibly,but it's a start and would save lives. But, and I blame the Pro Life said here more than Pro Choice, the exception would be too much, so would the fact it would only cover the 3rd Trimester. From there, with a little work, you could drop it down to 'viability outside the womb' or maybe ''1st trimester only'. Now you are saving more lives. Is it perfect? No but again it's a step in the right direction. I wonder how much sooner we could have changed the course of abortion in this country had the Pro Life movement been willing to win a series of small victories over time as opposed to holding out for 'all or nothing'
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Actually the Pro Life movement has been willing to chip away at abortion any way possible. It's the pro abortion movement that fights any and all restrictions on abortion.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:Actually the Pro Life movement has been willing to chip away at abortion any way possible. It's the pro abortion movement that fights any and all restrictions on abortion.
Yes and No. Correct that Pro Choice leaders are staunch in their stand. But they have never been challenged en masses by a position on the other side. If the Pro Life factions actually coalesced around say a ban on 3rd Trimester abortions, the dogmatic Pro Choice crowd would not be able to fight it off. However, can you see what would happen if a candidate running for office got on stage a say TRBC and said, 'I favor a ban against late term abortions because we can't ban abortion!' It wouldn't be pretty. Now imagine that same politician saying 'I favor a ban of all abortions, except in case the life of the mother or rape or incest'. Still wouldn't get complete buy in. Finally, 'I favor banning abortions'. Who could say no to that? (I won't even go into the no birth control crowd who make up an interesting chunk as well).
So while it's easier for a Pro Choice person to hold their position, it's a weak one. If the Pro Life crowd would Focus the argument to banning 1 thing most can agree on and ONLY that one thing, it would be too powerful to stop. But they cannot, they get sidetracked and distracted. That's why I say I put the blame more on the Pro Life crowd. They could win but they refuse to do what needs to be done to win.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Yacht Rock wrote:Actually the Pro Life movement has been willing to chip away at abortion any way possible. It's the pro abortion movement that fights any and all restrictions on abortion.
Yes and No. Correct that Pro Choice leaders are staunch in their stand. But they have never been challenged en masses by a position on the other side. If the Pro Life factions actually coalesced around say a ban on 3rd Trimester abortions, the dogmatic Pro Choice crowd would not be able to fight it off. However, can you see what would happen if a candidate running for office got on stage a say TRBC and said, 'I favor a ban against late term abortions because we can't ban abortion!' It wouldn't be pretty. Now imagine that same politician saying 'I favor a ban of all abortions, except in case the life of the mother or rape or incest'. Still wouldn't get complete buy in. Finally, 'I favor banning abortions'. Who could say no to that? (I won't even go into the no birth control crowd who make up an interesting chunk as well).
So while it's easier for a Pro Choice person to hold their position, it's a weak one. If the Pro Life crowd would Focus the argument to banning 1 thing most can agree on and ONLY that one thing, it would be too powerful to stop. But they cannot, they get sidetracked and distracted. That's why I say I put the blame more on the Pro Life crowd. They could win but they refuse to do what needs to be done to win.
Compromise is a dirty word in politics, no matter the cost of not compromising.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Every pro life organization I've volunteered for and worked with and donated to has supported legislation that does anything that could save lives, even if it doesn't completely outlaw abortion.

I honestly haven't met many Pro Life folks that would resist any legislation that would save lives.

Unfortunately, any restrictions at all get challenged in court by Planned Parenthood and pro-abortion regime and oftentimes are called unconstitutional.

The reality is that in order for those modest gains to stick, there needs to be the reconsideration at the top that re evaluates whether Roe v Wade decision had any constitutional standing at all.

You can simply look at the laws passed over the last several years that have been supported by the pro life movement to recognize that your perception isn't necessarily the reality on the ground.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]