This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bluejacket
RubberMallet wrote:stem express apparently has cut ties with planned parenthood due to some universities and businesses starting to not purchase materials from them.
Hopefully, the pressure will build and force these companies and universities to stop using them: Ariosa Diagnostics, BD Biosciences, Dartmouth College, Duke University, the FDA, Genentech, Harvard Medical School, The Jackson Laboratory, Johns Hopkins University, Novartis, University of Pennsylvania, Perkin Elmer, Pfizer, Quest Diagnostics, Roche, Stanford University, UCLA, UCONN, and Yale University.

The FDA purchases from them as well.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
bluejacket wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:stem express apparently has cut ties with planned parenthood due to some universities and businesses starting to not purchase materials from them.
Hopefully, the pressure will build and force these companies and universities to stop using them: Ariosa Diagnostics, BD Biosciences, Dartmouth College, Duke University, the FDA, Genentech, Harvard Medical School, The Jackson Laboratory, Johns Hopkins University, Novartis, University of Pennsylvania, Perkin Elmer, Pfizer, Quest Diagnostics, Roche, Stanford University, UCLA, UCONN, and Yale University.

The FDA purchases from them as well.
[youtube]
[/youtube]
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
my theory is that when you make even prochoice people think about what abortion really is, they shudder even though they defend its use. Even people at work don't like talking about the procedure itself. The concept is just disgusting and barbaric before you even start talking about PP being the advanced autoparts of the limb world. I guarantee that some of these universities are pretty liberal but even they are like, this seems like a bad thing.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
This one is incredibly hard to watch. Even to just listen to. But you need to.

[youtube]
[/youtube]
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Okay so I haven't seen all of the recent Planned Parenthood videos but apparently the left is trying to "fact check" Carly on her statements about it. To those of you that have seen these videos, can you provide any feedback as to whether the bit about them dissecting a live fetus while it's heart was beating is true?

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womeninthewo ... -facebook/
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
No. It's not on any of the videos. But it does happen. That was the point she was trying to make. She dared them to watch the videos. She dared them to watch the fetus on the table.... 2 separate challenges that fell into sub categories. She gave the most passionate pro life statement of all the other candidates combined.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:No. It's not on any of the videos. But it does happen. That was the point she was trying to make. She dared them to watch the videos. She dared them to watch the fetus on the table.... 2 separate challenges that fell into sub categories. She gave the most passionate pro life statement of all the other candidates combined.
There's no doubt about that. In her plea you could hear a slight tremble in her voice that I know only happens to me when I'm exceptionally passionate/serious about a topic. I' really interested to see if she has staying power.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
They showed an image of a fetus on the table as the interviewee described what happened. The effect is stomach-turning.
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:They showed an image of a fetus on the table as the interviewee described what happened. The effect is stomach-turning.
man that is just heart wrenching..
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]