This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I am currently on a diet (and plan to be for the rest of the year) and have lost 15 pounds in 3.5 weeks.

Publix is my favorite grocery store, and it is a shame there isn't one in the burg. There are a couple of things I wish I could pick up for my diet that I can't get elsewhere, but I don't have any plans to visit the nearest one in NC anytime soon. Is anyone from the burg planning to visit to NC soon where you would end up shopping at a Publix (or from NC planning to visit Lynchburg)? I don't want anyone to go out of the way, but if you will be there already, would you mind picking up a couple of things? :D
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Besides possibly not eating or increasing exercise, what's worked for you? I'm at the point I'd like to be 15 pounds lighter.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
One of our small group members introduced us to the "21 day fix" diet. I call it a "crazy" diet because it is too complicated for me... but my wife tells me what to eat. Based on things like weight, height, etc. you are assigned a certain amount of various groups of foods. In the "real" version, you are given tupperware style containers which are color coded for things like "protein" and "carbs." The lady who introduced us to the diet is skinny, so when she said "I could hardly eat all the food I was supposed to eat on the diet," I snickered. Five years ago I lost 100 pounds, but over the past four years gained the weight back (80 lbs) slowly but surely. With this diet, I am eating more than I did last time. In that sense it is "easier," but I would not have the patience to keep track of it.

Today's menu is a good example of what I get to eat: I had a cup of nonfat greek yogurt (I use the sweet vanilla kind), with mixed berries and a banana. I love it. At lunch I had a deli sandwich using "deli thin" sandwich bread (I could have had two). I get to have a bag of almonds in the afternoon, with another banana if I want it. For dinner, we will have spaghetti...

I love to make spaghetti, and normally have about 2 bowls. With this diet, carbs are not eliminated, but they are restricted. I have about 1.5 bowls of "spaghetti", but we add rotisserie chicken and green peppers, which my wife sautés in a skillet. I add sriracha and am in heaven. The amount of noodles I am consuming is about half of what I normally eat, but in total I am eating about 2/3 the amount of food when you add in the other stuff.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
FWIW - What I want from Publix is both their honey mustard dressing and condiment. They are both very good, and much more diet friendly than other that I find at walmart, kroger, etc. in the burg. Whatever you do, DON'T GET O'CHARLIES honey mustard. It'll kill you.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like its working out for you. I've gained weight since I got down to 158 lbs, but as long as I can still wear my 32 pants, I'm happy.

I am considering tummy tuck/skin surgery, however. Going from a peak weight over 220 lbs in high school to under 160 lbs by my first year of grad school, the skin got stretched a little too much in the abdominal areas...
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Probably not on my diet. Probably also wouldn't be good by the time someone brought it back to me. lol

I was introduced to their "chicken fingers" this summer and they were amazing too. Great on a salad.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:Publix subs are amazing.
You might have talked me into getting 1 this weekend, especially with the Boars Head meat
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
jack_sparrow81 wrote:
adam42381 wrote:Publix subs are amazing.
You might have talked me into getting 1 this weekend, especially with the Boars Head meat
Thankfully I can get Boar's Head at some of the Kroger's in town. Of course, I am eating them with "deli thins" which are "low" in calories and "high" in fiber.
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betwee[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]