This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Anyone else got it yet? Got it going on my tablet. I have to say I am really loving it. Microsoft hit a home run with this one in my opinion. With my tablet having died on me earlier this summer, if I hadn't recently bought a Macbook Pro, I think a Surface Pro 3 would be in store for me.
By vastrightwinger
Registration Days Posts
I got a new laptop recently that came with Windiows 8. As a result, I get a free upgrade to 10. I have not converted yet because I wanted to wait and make sure it's worth it. I've heard good things about it so far. I might go ahead and upgrade this weekend.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
It's free for Windows 7 users as well. I installed it on my old PC and it was terribly slow, so I reverted back to 7. Currently installing it on our laptop.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
vastrightwinger wrote:I got a new laptop recently that came with Windiows 8. As a result, I get a free upgrade to 10. I have not converted yet because I wanted to wait and make sure it's worth it. I've heard good things about it so far. I might go ahead and upgrade this weekend.
Getting rid of Windows 8 would be enough reason to make upgrading to 10 worth it. That darn OS is one of the main reasons why I got a Mac. That and the complete epic failure that is the Windows app store, which unfortunately it still the case since most app devs, and even to some degree Microsoft themselves, have all but ignored it.
Last edited by lynchburgwildcats on July 30th, 2015, 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:Anyone else got it yet? Got it going on my tablet. I have to say I am really loving it. Microsoft hit a home run with this one in my opinion. With my tablet having died on me earlier this summer, if I hadn't recently bought a Macbook Pro, I think a Surface Pro 3 would be in store for me.
This is good news... thanks for posting. I think most people were sitting on pins and needles after the 8 debacle.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:if I hadn't recently bought a Macbook Pro, I think a Surface Pro 3 would be in store for me.
I'll take the MacBook Pro off your hands. lol
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
is there a direct link to install it?

I got the little icon on my machine, and reserved a slot, but so far has not downloaded or prompted me to do so
By Kiwon
PAmedic wrote:is there a direct link to install it?

I got the little icon on my machine, and reserved a slot, but so far has not downloaded or prompted me to do so
Just click on Microsoft Update from your Control Panel.

My download and install took about 12 minutes with no problems.

The only issue I'm having is with the new browser, Microsoft Edge. It is not displaying properly. So I am still using IE at the moment.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Kiwon wrote:
PAmedic wrote:is there a direct link to install it?

Just click on Microsoft Update from your Control Panel.

My download and install took about 12 minutes with no problems.

The only issue I'm having is with the new browser, Microsoft Edge. It is not displaying properly. So I am still using IE at the moment.
You should be embarrassed to admitting to using IE as your default browser.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:if I hadn't recently bought a Macbook Pro, I think a Surface Pro 3 would be in store for me.
I'll take the MacBook Pro off your hands. I chortle audibly.
No thanks
By Kiwon
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
Kiwon wrote: You should be embarrassed to admitting to using IE as your default browser.
Hardly. FireFox didn't work and many banking, shopping sites prefer IE.

Now that Windows 10 is here, the goal is switching to Edge anyway.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
loaded on 3 machines

the ones running 8.1 were easy transitions.

the one running 7 was a bit slower and seems laggy.

hope it improves.

magically of course.

still not sold on the Edge browser... glitchy
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:loaded on 3 machines

the ones running 8.1 were easy transitions.

the one running 7 was a bit slower and seems laggy.

hope it improves.

magically of course.

still not sold on the Edge browser... glitchy

What you say about the Edge is true.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
You change a couple of settings. Whoop-dee-do.

I am actually starting to dig this version of the platform. It seems to have my entire system running a bit quicker.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]