This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
cheerwine is the equivalent of grocery store brand soda.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:cheerwine is the equivalent of grocery store brand soda.
By LUDad
I wish I had not seen this thread. Now I'm going to have to go find myself a six pack of Dr. Brown's cream soda after work.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I guess I worded my post poorly based on the response in the thread. The intentionw as not to disdain those who enjoy Cheerwine but to explain why some of us who didn't drink it as a kid don't have a taste for it. But if it keeps up board traffic then have at it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I guess I worded my post poorly based on the response in the thread. The intentionw as not to disdain those who enjoy Cheerwine but to explain why some of us who didn't drink it as a kid don't have a taste for it. But if it keeps up board traffic then have at it.
We need a Martyr Complex emoji!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
:dramaqueen
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I am sure that Dallas remark had to of been said to annoy Sly because nobody cares about Dallas either.
You know me so well
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I'm not from the south, and I like Cheerwine. My biggest complaint about it is that it goes flat within minutes of opening the bottle, and then it becomes undrinkable.

Up in the Northeast we used to have Adirondack brand soda. Not sure if that's still around.

There's also some Kentucky brand that I see every time I drive through, Ale8. It's okay.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I guess I worded my post poorly based on the response in the thread. The intentionw as not to disdain those who enjoy Cheerwine but to explain why some of us who didn't drink it as a kid don't have a taste for it. But if it keeps up board traffic then have at it.
I didn't grow up drinking it as a kid...my first exposure was in my late teens.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We've discussed several craft root beers. Are there many craft ginger ales?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:We've discussed several craft root beers. Are there many craft ginger ales?
Vernors

Next
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
you don't have to explain anything. cheerwine is for trailortrash.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:We've discussed several craft root beers. Are there many craft ginger ales?
http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/index.php

probably the best craft ginger ale but its one you have to nurse. its hot and firey.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:
you don't have to explain anything. cheerwine is for trailortrash.
That's funny right there. I'm not even sure it's untrue!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple, I know that WVU students (and alumni) know all about trailers, but has Cheerwine made it as far north as Morgantown? :dontgetit
By WinthropEagleFan
Registration Days Posts
In SC, we have Blenheim Ginger Ale (not sure if it is distributed out of state or not):

The red-cap version is the 'hot' one...it will clear your sinuses in a hurry. They also have a gold-cap version which is called 'not-as-hot'.

It's good, but definitely not for everyone.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Purple, I know that WVU students (and alumni) know all about trailers, but has Cheerwine made it as far north as Morgantown? :dontgetit
We have higher caliber single wides!!!
It is up there some. Just depends on distributors now a days
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
Purple and Cider....you have to have your Mr. Bee's with RC Cola! I have not had Mr. Bee's in many years....
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
No. But I will make it a point during our road trip to Gawds Country Sept 11-12
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
HenryGale wrote:Purple and Cider....you have to have your Mr. Bee's with RC Cola! I have not had Mr. Bee's in many years....
And don't forget the entrée--a pepperoni roll. That's what I'll be eating in Morgantown in September.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Vernor's, Dad's root beer -- both awesome. Wish I could find some Dad's around here.

Ale 8 1 (http://ale8one.com/) is pretty popular around here, but it's not my favorite. Blenheim's ginger ale - especially the "hot" variety - is one of my favorites. Tradition dictates that I purchase at least one bottle on the drive down to Myrtle Beach every year, as soon as I find a store that sells it. http://www.blenheimgingerale.com/ Even the gold cap "not as hot" packs a bit of an unexpected bite.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]