This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Had some Butterscotch Beer from Flying Cauldron last week. The stuff is amazing. They label it beer, but it's just butterscotch-flavored cream soda. My son has a new favorite.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:Had some Butterscotch Beer from Flying Cauldron last week. The stuff is amazing. They label it beer, but it's just butterscotch-flavored cream soda. My son has a new favorite.
I'm guessing that's a knockoff of Butter Beer (also non-alcoholic) from the Leaky Cauldron? Its really good frozen. The Pumpkin Juice is just meh, but especially after the butter beer.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A faculty friend of mine mentioned that a student gave him an Ale-8-One when he was late to class today. Has anyone tried one, and can you get them anywhere near Lynchburg or only in Kentucky? I understand that it's a regional ginger ale.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:A faculty friend of mine mentioned that a student gave him an Ale-8-One when he was late to class today. Has anyone tried one, and can you get them anywhere near Lynchburg or only in Kentucky? I understand that it's a regional ginger ale.
There is now a Not-Your-Father's Ginger Ale as well. I haven't had it yet. Still debating whether or not to buy Virgil's Dr. Better, although I hadn't seen at Trader Joe's in recent weeks.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:A faculty friend of mine mentioned that a student gave him an Ale-8-One when he was late to class today. Has anyone tried one, and can you get them anywhere near Lynchburg or only in Kentucky? I understand that it's a regional ginger ale.
There is now a Not-Your-Father's Ginger Ale as well. I haven't had it yet. Still debating whether or not to buy Virgil's Dr. Better, although I hadn't seen at Trader Joe's in recent weeks.
I've only seen Ale-8 in Kentucky.
I tried Dr. Better, thought it was pretty good. They sell it in Walmart.
There's one I keep wanting to try, Curiosity Cola, but it's a little pricey. If only I had won the Powerball...
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]