This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
adam42381 wrote:
rogers3 wrote:Blue Mountain.
Dark Hollow is pretty delicious.
Sounds Satanic. How about a Fresca? Or to get crazy a Tab?
Fresca? Tab? :vomit
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:a local home schooled adult has one of the most popular craft breweries in our area.
Must have been a broken home......
This thread made me have high school flashbacks with people talking about getting BUZZZZZED as if it was a feat of sorts that few could accomplish.

However this post made me laugh out loud. Well played!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:For those of us with more mature palettes
That's what the Fox says
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Kiwon wrote:Yeah, buddy......drugs are so cool.

Just a little harmless fun!

http://news.yahoo.com/horrific-video-sh ... 46143.html

Sooooo, who here has advocated that drugs are cool? No one. :beatinghorse
I saw the video earlier. Sort of creepy
In his defense there was a thread where some folks were advocating legalizing recreational narcotics awhile back.
I remember some people arguing for legalized recreational use of marijuana, but I don't remember anyone arguing for narcotics...
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:And many places classify marijuana as a narcotic. Semantics aside, it's still considered a Schedule I substance.
Which is dumb.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:And many places classify marijuana as a narcotic. Semantics aside, it's still considered a Schedule I substance.
For federal/legal purposes, it is NOT a narcotic:

http://www.narcoticnews.com/information/marijuana/
Legally speaking, Marijuana is NOT a narcotic. Marijuana is essentially Cannabis and thus Cannabis is not a narcotic either. The definition of the word Narcotic can be a noun or an adjective. There are marijuana could be used in speech as being a narcotic, but the word in legal terms would not apply. In the federal controlled substances act Marijuana is listed as a non-narcotic. Cocaine is also NOT a narcotic. However, opium and heroin are narcotics.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
For federal/legal purposes, it is NOT a narcotic:

http://www.narcoticnews.com/information/marijuana/
Legally speaking, Marijuana is NOT a narcotic. Marijuana is essentially Cannabis and thus Cannabis is not a narcotic either. The definition of the word Narcotic can be a noun or an adjective. There are marijuana could be used in speech as being a narcotic, but the word in legal terms would not apply. In the federal controlled substances act Marijuana is listed as a non-narcotic. Cocaine is also NOT a narcotic. However, opium and heroin are narcotics.
But is listed under the International Narcotics Control Board.

https://www.incb.org/documents/Narcotic ... ion_EN.pdf

Like I said, it's semantics. Just really depends on who is building the definition that day.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Kiwon wrote:Hey, com'on. Everybody does it. Just some harmless fun.

1 driver - 4 dead, 44 injured, and dozens of families scarred forever.

http://news.yahoo.com/latest-parade-cra ... --spt.html
Been drinking for six years. I haven't been drunk once and I've never driven after consuming alcohol. But ya know, thanks for using a tragedy to elevate your ignorance and putting anyone whose ever had a drink into a category they don't belong in. You need to do some self-evaluation kid. What you're doing is more harmful than the beer I'll drink tonight.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Kiwon wrote:Hey, com'on. Everybody does it. Just some harmless fun.

1 driver - 4 dead, 44 injured, and dozens of families scarred forever.

http://news.yahoo.com/latest-parade-cra ... --spt.html
There is a difference between those who drink and then drive and those who are responsible and have a designated driver if they are going to drink. No need to thank me for this enlightenment.
By Kiwon
thepostman wrote:I am going to start a thread about obesity and then post articles anybody dies from over eating.
That's going to be a very short thread.

Being obese didn't cause this girl to drive into the crowd going at full speed, killing 4 and injuring 44 people. Driving while impaired did, however, and now she faces second degree murder charges and the knowledge that she has ruined dozens of lives.

Do you think she got up in the morning with the intent of doing this? Of course not, but her series of poor choices put her in the position of doing so.

To be fair, her defense attorney has introduced the possibility of mental health issues. That may be a smokescreen or there might be some legitimacy to it as a factor in the accident. Whether true or not, the girl was sane or aware enough to remember that she had a morning job to get to and she didn't want to miss work.
Last edited by Kiwon on October 26th, 2015, 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Kiwon
The purpose of the thread is to call out the intellectually COWARD who stupidly claim that alcohol or drug use is harmless and/or push for more legal "recreational" use of drugs.

That goes especially for you "Christians" (i.e. followers, servants of Christ). Jesus Christ, remember him, your Creator and your Sustainer, who paid the penalty for your sins through his sacrificial death, and rose from the dead in victory over sin and the devil and established his identity once and for all as the promised Messiah?

And, yeah, bright bulbs, he is going to be your Judge one day. Did you forget that part too? ("Judgment Day, cool!....I'll smoke a joint to that!")

Here's some other biblical truths you probably don't believe:
...."the whole world is under the control of the evil one"
...."And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
...."And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience."
...."Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."
....Jesus says, "He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me..."

"But drinkin' don't mean you aren't saved. You can still be a Christian and drink."

Yeah, man, that attitude captures the essence of the Gospel....God Almighty, motivated by love, paid the ultimate price for your salvation and to have an eternal relationship with you so that.....you can embrace and promote non-Christian, worldy values, ethics, and lifestyle and deny the transformative power of the Holy Spirit.

Wake up, already! Ever heard of the fruit of the Spirit? You know, “…love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control;...” These come from a deep, personal and obedient relationship with God. And what are they contrasted with?

“Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.…”

If you are a sincere believer seeking to live by God’s Word on a daily basis in obedience and committed to do his will for your life, then the Holy Spirit is active in your life, molding and shaping you into Christ’s image. Did you believe God’s Word or not?

..."Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come."
..."For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;"
..."But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.."
..."Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old self with its evil practices, and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him.."

Get serious! Which of you drug or alcohol advocates can listen to the testimonies of the changed lives of Ryan Seiz or Jim Kelly or Darryl Strawberry and then go up to them afterward and tell them, “You know, guys, you got this thing all wrong. You ought to be drinking. You ought to be toking. You ought to be partying. You guys don’t know what you’re talking about. You are missing out on the fun!”

You wouldn’t, but at the same time you will ignore their advice. Brilliant!

Bottom line: Common sense, facts, and God’s truth are on my side, not yours.

If you disagree, then prove it. Make a case:

-Why a sincere servant of Christ who is committed to doing God’s will for his/her life and maintains a daily relationship with God through Bible study and prayer, is a better person by using drugs or alcohol?
-How is healthier physically, psychologically, or spiritually?
-How is he a better Christian?
-How is Christ honored through his drug or alcohol use?
-How is that person’s lifestyle distinct from the world rather than meshed with it?
-Why should he self-medicate and try to escape his problems through drugs or alcohol use rather than face them soberly and rely on the power of God’s Spirit to sustain him?

And speak with some authority. Use God’s Word (a translation, not a paraphrase) and use verses applied properly according to their context to make your case.

However, most of the responses I can expect will consist of vapid humor, false comparisons, and illogic…you know, intellectually coward stuff that just further proves my original point.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You wrote all this but you're still missing the point. I agree with you we as Christians should not be getting drunk and doing drugs. I don't think anybody is disagreeing. Where there is disagreement is some enjoy a a beer or two or a,glass of wine much like I enjoy nachos with extra cheese at sporting events. With all things we must do them in moderation and not be ruled by the things of this world.

Getting so caught up in proving your point by posting article upon article about how distructive people use drugs and alcohol to be even more distructive does nothing but make you look heartless to how tragic these events are.

Again I agree we as Christians should not get drunk. That is so clear in the bible. I can not drink without going overboard and getting drunk so I avoid it because of that but that is not to say that is the case for everybody.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]