This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
#10 wrote:Well said Kiwon.
I'm tired and saddened by the general attitude of these Gen Y'rs towards alcohol and drugs. Sadly many christians my age feel the same way about alcohol.. I don't care what age you are or what your lifestyle is...if you drink you are drinking to get buzzed....period. Make all the excuses you want you are only lying to yourself. NOTHING GOOD comes from drinking. This isn't even a Christian issue. So much I could say but will add only this... it's impossible to drink without involving others. Innocent others.....
You must have just graduated from home school, or something.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Just because someone has a difference of opinion doesn't mean anyone has to resort tossing barbs.
What #10 posted wasn't a "difference of opinion." It was a complete misrepresentation of reality.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:You'll notice I didn't specify who was tossing barbs. Both sides should be respectful.
Come on. Who else was tossing barbs? :roll:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:You'll notice I didn't specify who was tossing barbs. Both sides should be respectful.
Come on. Who else was tossing barbs? :roll:
Ignore him. Basques in the soothing power of :flamingdevil
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
This entire thread is stupid.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Watching grown men argue about beer, is one of my least favorite things in life. Those that are for it, like to talk about it more than they like to drink it. Those that are against it, live in fear of the ever present slippery slope.
Last edited by R i on September 14th, 2015, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
I'm tired and saddened by the general attitude of these Gen Y'rs towards alcohol and drugs. Sadly many christians my age feel the same way about alcohol.. I don't care what age you are or what your lifestyle is...if you drink you are drinking to get buzzed....period. Make all the excuses you want you are only lying to yourself. NOTHING GOOD comes from drinking. This isn't even a Christian issue. So much I could say but will add only this... it's impossible to drink without involving others. Innocent others.....
:rofl :nono :BS :nonono :doh

I mean good lord, I am straight edge and anti-alcohol consumption and I even think this post is filled with all kinds of stupid.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Watching grown men argue about beer, is one of my least favorite things in life. Those that are for it, like talk about it more than they like to drink it. Those that are against it, live in fear of the ever present slippery slope.
I'm not a beer guy. I can't stand beer/wine snobs myself. Enjoy your beverage. Not enjoying it doesn't make me a cretin
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
R i wrote:Watching grown men argue about beer, is one of my least favorite things in life. Those that are for it, like talk about it more than they like to drink it. Those that are against it, live in fear of the ever present slippery slope.
I'm not a beer guy. I can't stand beer/wine snobs myself. Enjoy your beverage. Not enjoying it doesn't make me a cretin
But it does make you very uncool.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
But it does make you very uncool.
I am super cool! 8)
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
a local home schooled adult has one of the most popular craft breweries in our area.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:a local home schooled adult has one of the most popular craft breweries in our area.
Must have been a broken home......
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:a local home schooled adult has one of the most popular craft breweries in our area.
That's why I said just graduated :wink: :fineprint

And Haize, for the record, next time you're in Dallas, I should warn you that my husband and I have become wine snobs. That's ok though, we'll still consider you cool.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
That's why I said just graduated :wink: :fineprint

And Haize, for the record, next time you're in Dallas, I should warn you that my husband and I have become wine snobs. That's ok though, we'll still consider you cool.
I see your FB posts. I do like a good German Reisling and an occasional White Zin but that's about it. As for beer I'm always up for a good Macro Brew
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:As for beer I'm always up for a good Macro Brew
Budwiser? I chortle audibly.
Any will do although like I said I'm not a beer guy. If I wanna go fancy I go PBR
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
alabama24 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:As for beer I'm always up for a good Macro Brew
Budwiser? I chortle audibly.
Any will do although like I said I'm not a beer guy. If I wanna go fancy I go PBR
:vomit
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Just had ONE nice Bourbon Barrel Stout last night. As always, I was eluded by that buzz that I am always seeking.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
Just had ONE nice Bourbon Barrel Stout last night. As always, I was eluded by that buzz that I am always seeking.
Which one?
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Surely the devil has gotten a-holt' of this thread!!!! :)
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
rogers3 wrote:
Which one?
Blue Mountain.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
rogers3 wrote:Blue Mountain.
Dark Hollow is pretty delicious.
Sounds Satanic. How about a Fresca? Or to get crazy a Tab?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]