This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bballfan84 wrote:
SuperJon wrote:Kiwon - serious question here:

What is your feeling on legalized, regulated canibis use for pain? Kyle Turley was on ESPN yesterday and gave a great interview on how canibis has helped him with post-football injuries. When he was on pain meds, he had suicidal and homicidal thoughts. Now that he's using natural medication, he no longer has the side effects as he did with pharmaceutical drugs. His goal is not to get high, but rather to deal with pain.

Is that acceptable? Are you for or against that?
I know some people who i consider very good people and Christians who have had some major medical issues resulting in chronic pain. They were prescribed all the heavy pain meds that are widely used and they had the same experience and had a problem coming off of the pain meds. They now use medicinal canabis and it helps them manage their pain much better. It is not something they abuse and they dont do it to get high but to have a better quality of life. I am totally for it!!
Heathen
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I am against it only because the AMA has been against it. If doctors came out and said that MJ had a strong medical benefit and that there was a need for it... I would be for it. Until they do, I am against "medical marijuana."
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:I am against it only because the AMA has been against it. If doctors came out and said that MJ had a strong medical benefit and that there was a need for it... I would be for it. Until they do, I am against "medical marijuana."
You're putting an awful lot of stock into what one very politicized organization has to say. I guarantee there are things the AMA has supported that you would vehemently disagree with.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Forget the AMA. The bottom line is there is really not much medical proof that canibis is actually effective for pain management. I´m not saying it isn´t, and there are certainly anecdotal examples of people who swear it works for them, but it´s something that really needs to be studied more with legitimate scientific trials.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:Legalize marijuana. Sell it in like DEA stores like alcohol is in ABC stores.
This 100%.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Forget the AMA. The bottom line is there is really not much medical proof that canibis is actually effective for pain management. I´m not saying it isn´t, and there are certainly anecdotal examples of people who swear it works for them, but it´s something that really needs to be studied more with legitimate scientific trials.
The site is biased but they are peer reviewed studies

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view ... eID=000884
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:Legalize marijuana. Sell it in like DEA stores like alcohol is in ABC stores.
Meh, the Texas state government can't figure out how to sell anything...they'd just privatize and it'd be cheaper than most any other state, similar to how much less alcohol costs here.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Meh, the Texas state government can't figure out how to sell anything...they'd just privatize and it'd be cheaper than most any other state, similar to how much less alcohol costs here.
That's why Texas is cool 8)
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ATrain wrote:
That's why Texas is cool 8)
It does explain why Sly is so love with this state.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I live in a state where the legislature only meets for six months every other year. Big State, Little Government. Is it any wonder it has the best economy in the union?

Legalization of marijuana is the dream of companies like RJReynolds and Pfizer who have been positioning themselves for decades to be ready to capitalize.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I live in a state where the legislature only meets for six months every other year. Big State, Little Government. Is it any wonder it has the best economy in the union?

Legalization of marijuana is the dream of companies like RJReynolds and Pfizer who have been positioning themselves for decades to be ready to capitalize.
NEVER mention that word again. It should be added to the 'Bad Word' filter!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I live in a state where the legislature only meets for six months every other year. Big State, Little Government. Is it any wonder it has the best economy in the union?

Umm, I live in Texas too :P
Well, exist here, anyway...for now
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

And how do we feel about the words Eli and Lilly?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

And how do we feel about the words Eli and Lilly?
Great people. An asset to the Human Race
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:I suspect that assessment may not be totally objective, but from my knowledge and experience it is in fact pretty accurate.
And Animal Kind. I forgot Elanco
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
I'd be fine with that as long as it's regulated by the FDA.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
ATrain wrote:
I'd be fine with that as long as it's regulated by the FDA.
I'm certain my husband would be happy to inspect any farm growing marijuana. However, they only have authority if it crosses state lines. Otherwise it would be up to the state.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Since I am apparently banned from posting this in the Craft Soda Thread

Not Your Fathers Rootbeer is at Wal Mart
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:Mmmmmmm... Alcohol.

Coney Island hard Root Beer......
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]