This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:stanley and conklin were almost just as much of a lock. it did slide him down sure but i don't htink he'd of been top 5 anyway. maybe number 5.
Agreed. And I'm sure none of the draft picks before him have ever used The Devils Water!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Before the trade-ups for Goff & Wentz, there was discussion that he could have gone #1 overall. The drama surrounding him the past few weeks resulted in his slide. It doesn't mean that he isn't a top overall pick talent.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'm curious who posted that video because it's a couple years old from what I read and Tunsil wasn't the one that posted it even though it was his Twitter
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:It is very odd how that all went down. Someone was clearly screwing with him.
It's become no clear this guy has a lot of baggage. Apparently his step father of a piece of work. Probably due to drug and alcohol abuse! I heard mention that he made promises or signed with 2 agents. Claimed he was given money by the coaching staff at Ole Miss and has less than reputable friends You add all that together, then throw in that video right before the draft, I'd pass too if I had someone of equal value available Obviously the teams that passed on him have no one on their roster or front office that smokes weed or drinks alcohol. Just wholesome upstanding citizens all.
What gets me is how sick and twisted an individual do you have to be to do this to a kid? It's a 'high' point in his life and you pay someone to hack his account to post pictures and videos that you hope will torpedo his career? How is THAT going to help you? Or him?
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Pastoring is so cool!

http://wate.com/2016/05/20/tbi-conduct- ... stigation/

Honestly, this should be much more worrisome than someone having a beer or smoking a joint. This is a major problem in the church and it's ashamed that it gets brushed aside while others are being condemned for having a glass of wine with dinner.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I really don't see how one has anything to do with the other.
That church is two miles from my house. They actually tried to hire me last summer. That story has (rightfully) been a huge deal around here the past few days. Grace also has a pretty successful K-12 school attached which makes the story even more sad/infuriating. From everything I've seen, theyr responding to this head on and not trying to brush it under the rug.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:I really don't see how one has anything to do with the other.
You wouldn't.

However, it is easy to see how the church is quick to condemn something that is only questionably sinful but have a lackluster response to situations like pastors abusing children. While I am glad to see SJ's post, more often than not the church and supposed "moral leaders," try to cover up things of this nature (see: The Duggars).
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
So have these two churches in the article been on a crusade to outlaw drugs and alcohol? This is massive projection here. Kiwon has a totally unprovoked meltdown about drugs and drinking, so to counter that someone brings up two TN church members who are doing disgusting things?

Sure, this is a totally legit thing to talk about, but it just doesn't fit this thread.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:So have these two churches in the article been on a crusade to outlaw drugs and alcohol? This is massive projection here. Kiwon has a totally unprovoked meltdown about drugs and drinking, so to counter that someone brings up two TN church members who are doing disgusting things?

Sure, this is a totally legit thing to talk about, but it just doesn't fit this thread.

I'm really just poking at Kiwon. He finds stories about someone abusing alcohol and then post it as if anyone whose ever had a sip of wine at communion isn't saved.

If one makes an argument that alcohol only leads to sin, based off a few stories they found on the web, I can make the argument that serving in church leadership only leads to sin based off a few stories found on the web.

If we're going to judge a substance based off a few instances, than why not judge the church based off a few leaders?

Implying that drinking alcohol leads to abuse, is the same as implying that serving in church leadership leads to sexual immorality.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:I would also like them to define OD I know I'm not thrilled backing of my post op meds. But at least I am not in chronic pain

have you ever not backed off enough to cause a flight diversion and a trip to the ER?
For starters it was his private plane. So the threshold is different. The point I was making was that if he had the flu and was in a lot of pain he may have taken extra of the flunked and extra pain med. Those 2 things may have reacted poorly together Or the flu meds he was taking could have contained codeine My point is that defining what 'OD' is has different meanings
As for getting off the pain meds, the headaches and nause are always a joy
OD on some sort of oxy/morphine/ or other opioid. 2 times in a matter of days.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:It was an accidental Fentanyl overdose.
Prescription pain med of the highest order.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Usually reserved for use in terminal cancer patients isn't it?
No. It can be used for cases of severe chronic pain. You are in the ball park though that it is usually supervised closely by a physician. I can't say I'm surprised he was on it, surprised he accidentally OO'd on it and apparently he wasn't being very well supervised by his physician while on it
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I have heard that the physical problems causing his chronic pain were likely correctable with surgery, but he didn't want to get it done because of his Jehovah's Witness beliefs. I have a feeling they are down on narcotic's too.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:I have heard that the physical problems causing his chronic pain were likely correctable with surgery, but he didn't want to get it done because of his Jehovah's Witness beliefs. I have a feeling they are down on narcotic's too.
That's a pretty brush. Some JW's take issue with blood transfusions which is far different and for far different reasons than taking physician prescribed medication
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:I have heard that the physical problems causing his chronic pain were likely correctable with surgery, but he didn't want to get it done because of his Jehovah's Witness beliefs. I have a feeling they are down on narcotic's too.
That's a pretty brush. Some JW's take issue with blood transfusions which is far different and for far different reasons than taking physician prescribed medication
I forgot it was the blood tranfusion thing that causes JWs to not want to have surgery. Anyone know if that rule still applies if you were to save your own blood to use later for an operation?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
I forgot it was the blood tranfusion thing that causes JWs to not want to have surgery. Anyone know if that rule still applies if you were to save your own blood to use later for an operation?
Good question. I think it's still frowned upon but sort of like drinking if that helps
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]