This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm not sure if any of you know this guy or not. But he's writing a column for the Duke student paper ...
Duke Chronicle wrote:Opinion Column

First epistle of Paul
By Paul Popa on June 17, 2015

Perhaps one of the most overlooked aspects of elementary school is self-discovery. Yes, you read that right. Elementary school—a time when Kid Pix was our first foray into artistic expression and recess was still a thing—was when my first thoughts about who I was began to emerge. On the first day of class, we all got that handout where we proudly wrote our names and perhaps our favorite show or book in nascent English. But there was one question I remember answering all those years ago that is as relevant today as it was when I was still grasping polysyllabic language:What do you think?

Write something about yourself that we otherwise wouldn’t know.
Click Here for Full Column
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Paul is a former Honors student and former Quiz Bowler. I know him well, and we're also FB friends.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
Yeah I did too.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I didn't...figured itd be a disgruntled former student launching verbal firebombs at the school on his way out the door,or from the other side of the door as it were...
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-h[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]