This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
yeah and blacks kill many more of each other than anyone else. thats all understood and while relevant, doesn't dismiss society's part in this.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:More unarmed white people are shot by cops every year than unarmed black people
What's your point? There are about 5 times as many white people in the U.S. as there are black people.
Thank you.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:yeah and blacks kill many more of each other than anyone else. thats all understood and while relevant, doesn't dismiss society's part in this.
So there are more black criminals proportionally, why is that society's fault?
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:yeah and blacks kill many more of each other than anyone else. thats all understood and while relevant, doesn't dismiss society's part in this.
So there are more black criminals proportionally, why is that society's fault?

Maybe some people here would feel better if when a black kills another black, a white person is arrested and charge for that crime.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:More unarmed white people are shot by cops every year than unarmed black people
What's your point? There are about 5 times as many white people in the U.S. as there are black people.
When's the last time you had people rioting over a white person being a victim over police brutality unless they were a woman or a non-racial minority of some sort (like being gay, for example)? If you listened only to the media, you would think police brutality is a problem only black people have to face.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
sorry honkeys. we really have it easy.

why are blacks incarcerated more than any other race while only being like 10% of the population? do we really think that they are breaking the law at such a larger rate than we are? its just not possible. you could make a case for complete irradication. studies have shown how much less likely blacks are all over the country at getting favorable judgements. most african americans are given free terrible counsel. there is so much information as too why there are such huge disparities.

The black community has to do a lot of work no doubt but the gvt has to change from fascilitating hopelessness in the name of subsidies and actually exact change together with people in those communities. something the right has doen a woefully poor job of politically. Privately, we don't need to talk about the amazing work Christian communities do to help. which is great but is still substandard. reality is that’s not enough. when only 3-4 % of the "christian" population even tithes, and then that avg tithe is only 3% of their income, we wonder why we require gvt intervention.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:sorry honkeys. we really have it easy.

why are blacks incarcerated more than any other race while only being like 10% of the population? do we really think that they are breaking the law at such a larger rate than we are? its just not possible. you could make a case for complete irradication. studies have shown how much less likely blacks are all over the country at getting favorable judgements. most african americans are given free terrible counsel. there is so much information as too why there are such huge disparities.

The black community has to do a lot of work no doubt but the gvt has to change from fascilitating hopelessness in the name of subsidies and actually exact change together with people in those communities. something the right has doen a woefully poor job of politically. Privately, we don't need to talk about the amazing work Christian communities do to help. which is great but is still substandard. reality is that’s not enough. when only 3-4 % of the "christian" population even tithes, and then that avg tithe is only 3% of their income, we wonder why we require gvt intervention.
I agree we need to do something about subsidies. When children see parents not working and the government taking care of them, that sends the wrong message. Just ask anyone currently working in public service, whether it be Social Security disability, welfare/food stamps, public housing assistance, etc...

As for the incarceration rates, I do believe the drug war disproportionately affects African Americans. The violent crime rate, however, is an entirely different story. I'm also going to agree with your statement "The black community has a lot of work to do," especially in the PR arena. When a young black male gets on an El train in Chicago and begins singing (horribly) "shooting n****ers, bang bang, down in the ground..." yeah, that does affect one's view/perception of the inner city.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The stats are not that much different when comparing apples to apples. You can't compare a white kid from Forest to a black kid from Church Street. Factor in the same variaes and you usually get the same out come. Single mother house hold with only a HS degree is going to make it tough on a kid. Nuclear family with higher education will make it easier on a kid.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
white problems are easily dispersed through 200 million people. black problems are much more concentrated.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think we are focusing way too much on race in this conversation. I don't think that is your intention mallet but this problem is much larger than just race relations. Of course that plays a part but I think focusing solely on race take attention away from the real problem and that is how to we give those who don't have the kind of opportunity middle class people have opportunity to succeed without simply giving hand outs. I am not nearly smart enough to come up with all the solution but all this focus on race and race along is doing this problem in Baltimore and in our country a serious disservice.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I think we are focusing way too much on race in this conversation. I don't think that is your intention mallet but this problem is much larger than just race relations. Of course that plays a part but I think focusing solely on race take attention away from the real problem and that is how to we give those who don't have the kind of opportunity middle class people have opportunity to succeed without simply giving hand outs. I am not nearly smart enough to come up with all the solution but all this focus on race and race along is doing this problem in Baltimore and in our country a serious disservice.
it makes sense to come together as one big happy family and sing "we are the world" but unfortunately the science doesn't play out. there very much are different biological differences from a race standpoint and just stamping that out and trying to force diversification down throats is falling on its face. because with race comes culture and its a culture thing that needs worked out.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:
thepostman wrote:I think we are focusing way too much on race in this conversation. I don't think that is your intention mallet but this problem is much larger than just race relations. Of course that plays a part but I think focusing solely on race take attention away from the real problem and that is how to we give those who don't have the kind of opportunity middle class people have opportunity to succeed without simply giving hand outs. I am not nearly smart enough to come up with all the solution but all this focus on race and race along is doing this problem in Baltimore and in our country a serious disservice.
it makes sense to come together as one big happy family and sing "we are the world" but unfortunately the science doesn't play out. there very much are different biological differences from a race standpoint and just stamping that out and trying to force diversification down throats is falling on its face. because with race comes culture and its a culture thing that needs worked out.
I'm not even sure what direction you are heading with this one. What in my post lead you to post this drivel? I agree race and cultural differences are part of the problem but clearly there is more to it than just race. Which is all I was saying.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:there very much are different biological differences from a race standpoint
RubberMallet wrote:with race comes culture and its a culture thing that needs worked out.
What in the world are you trying to say? Thats what secular humanism teaches. race ≠ culture!
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:
I'm not even sure what direction you are heading with this one. What in my post lead you to post this drivel? I agree race and cultural differences are part of the problem but clearly there is more to it than just race. Which is all I was saying.
because race is a huge part of what gives this culture an identity. if you take it away then you'll get nowhere. We are both agree but i think you can't set race aside here or direct focus off of it.
Last edited by RubberMallet on May 8th, 2015, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:there very much are different biological differences from a race standpoint
RubberMallet wrote:with race comes culture and its a culture thing that needs worked out.
What in the world are you trying to say? Thats what secular humanism teaches. race ≠ culture!
secular humanism revolves around moral truths without the need of a higher power.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Mallet I am pretty sure we agree but something is getting Lost.

Race us obviously part of the issue and should not be ignored. It just shouldn't be the only problem we focus on.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:
alabama24 wrote:
secular humanism revolves around moral truths without the need of a higher power.
Yep. And to say that biological differences separate the races (a secular humanist / Darwinian lie) further promotes hatred of one another. It isn't true. Our sin nature causes us to divide along lines of differences (rich/poor, black/white, male/female, smart/dumb, majority/minority, etc.) rather than unite. It's ethics, theology, philosophy. Not biology.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Mallet I am pretty sure we agree but something is getting Lost.

Race us obviously part of the issue and should not be ignored. It just shouldn't be the only problem we focus on.
yeah i must have misread you or something.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Yep. And to say that biological differences separate the races (a secular humanist / Darwinian lie) further promotes hatred of one another. It isn't true. Our sin nature causes us to divide along lines of differences (rich/poor, black/white, male/female, smart/dumb, majority/minority, etc.) rather than unite. It's ethics, theology, philosophy. Not biology.
haha. i'm not sure this is going to be able to go much further if you aren't capable of acknowledging the biological differences between different races. and i'm not sure you truly understand the SH position as most will not purposely acknowledge the differences because of the fear of people being treated wrongly due to it. that our biological differences mean we have to discriminate is also false. its just our human nature to segment and congregate with people we are most like.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:if you aren't capable of acknowledging the biological differences between different races.
That is an embarrassment. :oops:
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
you win i guess
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]