This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

thepostman wrote: February 20th, 2024, 10:37 pm The sphere looks absolutely phenomenal. Amazing you got to go!
Words cannot do it justice. When I was in GA I could not believe how big it was. When I was in the seats though it felt like I was right there.
The graphics are amazing but the sound is spectacular
thepostman liked this
Wondering if you have looked into catching the new "supergroup" BEAT, which features Steve Vai and Tool drummer Danny Carey joining Adrian Belew and Tony Levin to do the 80s King Crimson catalogue.

They will be in Richmond, Charlotte, DC and Durham, all in early October.
John Mellencamp puts on an amazing show. Still has that gravely voice. The band is tight and the music is exceptional. He’s one artist I will always go to see.
olldflame wrote: April 15th, 2024, 10:30 am Wondering if you have looked into catching the new "supergroup" BEAT, which features Steve Vai and Tool drummer Danny Carey joining Adrian Belew and Tony Levin to do the 80s King Crimson catalogue.

They will be in Richmond, Charlotte, DC and Durham, all in early October.
The first I heard about this group was today on the radio. I’ve really gotten into Tool recently and their drummer is exceptional. I mean Steve Van was the Devils guitarist but got beaten by Ralph Maccio.
From what I can tell, these guys will confirm that it is actually possible to perform live and be creative in your 70s. Unlike a certain other group doing their "farewell" tour charging 4 figure prices to watch them lip-synch to 10 year old autotuned vocal tracks of 50 year old songs.
olldflame wrote: April 16th, 2024, 9:55 am From what I can tell, these guys will confirm that it is actually possible to perform live and be creative in your 70s. Unlike a certain other group doing their "farewell" tour charging 4 figure prices to watch them lip-synch to 10 year old autotuned vocal tracks of 50 year old songs.
John Mellencamp is 72. I’m pretty sure his voice can’t be autotuned :D Rick Springfield is 74 but I’m pretty sure he used some auto tune vocals.
Mt next concert is possibly Avatar. They aren’t in their 70’s and don’t use backing vocals :D
Purple Haize wrote: April 16th, 2024, 12:15 pm
olldflame wrote: April 16th, 2024, 9:55 am From what I can tell, these guys will confirm that it is actually possible to perform live and be creative in your 70s. Unlike a certain other group doing their "farewell" tour charging 4 figure prices to watch them lip-synch to 10 year old autotuned vocal tracks of 50 year old songs.
John Mellencamp is 72. I’m pretty sure his voice can’t be autotuned :D Rick Springfield is 74 but I’m pretty sure he used some auto tune vocals.
Mt next concert is possibly Avatar. They aren’t in their 70’s and don’t use backing vocals :D
In case you weren't already aware, be prepared for a heavy dose of TDS at the Mellencamp concert. It doesn't always go over that well with the crowds, but apparently he can't help himself.
olldflame wrote: April 16th, 2024, 5:31 pm
Purple Haize wrote: April 16th, 2024, 12:15 pm
In case you weren't already aware, be prepared for a heavy dose of TDS at the Mellencamp concert. It doesn't always go over that well with the crowds, but apparently he can't help himself.
That whole thing is ‘Fake News’. Mellencamp was telling a story about his Grandmother not Biden. The crowd was booing the heckler not Mellencamp. He’s never talked about a politician in any of the shows I’ve been to. Including on Sunday. The closest he got to politics was introing a song about homelessness. And he railed against all politicians and named none.
Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]