This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Since I currently find myself with extra time on my hands I may be taking a trip to Huntington WV to catch John Mellancamp on Wednesday
alabama24 wrote:Oh yeah? Life goes on.
It was the 2nd best concert we saw past year and FUN. Right now I need some FUN in my life.
Purple Haize wrote:I may be taking a trip to Huntington WV to catch John Mellancamp on Wednesday
Oh, Huntington. Such memories! Make sure you go by Stewarts on 5th Ave. for a hot dog and a root beer. And give my best to Marshall University, my beloved alma mater. And if you're with Mrs. Purple, I'd advise a romantic walk at Ritter Park on 8th Street. I used to live a couple of blocks from there, and Mrs. Cider and I used to frequent there a lot in our grad school days.

And if you want to fit in, wear something GREEN, and nothing that is that nasty navy and gold, or you'll stick out like a sore thumb. :nono

And you'll probably be too far south to find any pepperoni rolls.
I'm seeing Pearl Jam tomorrow in Greenville with the wife, Pearl Jam on Wednesday in Raleigh with my brother and Alabama Shakes on Friday in Charlotte with the wife. Gonna be a busy week.
adam42381 wrote:I'm seeing Pearl Jam tomorrow in Greenville with the wife, Pearl Jam on Wednesday in Raleigh with my brother and Alabama Shakes on Friday in Charlotte with the wife. Gonna be a busy week.
Didn't see Mellencamp Wednesday sorta bummed but have to prioritize now
I wouldn't mind seeing Pearljam actually. But Wednesday we will be going to see Huey Lewis and the News in Roanoke
Anyone want to see Queensryche in a couple of weeks in Richmond?
Sly Fox wrote:That last post sounds like it is 1989. That could have been my itinerary on the Z100 Concert Caravan.
Well Chicago was in Roanoke We'd. Ace Frehley in Danville last week and I did see Elton John. So basically I'm the Uncle Rico of the board!
I won't be doing Huey Lewis and I'm bummed. But getting my shoulder fixed takes priority. Darn this adulting is hard!!! Hopefully I'll be better in time for Queensryche! Still need a road trip buddy for that!
I know this is a concert thread for you PH (Get well soon for that shoulder btw), but I really think all these people probably haven't read this "bathroom bill" and I think they all need need to do that...instead of knee jerk cancelling their shows and being spoonfed by the media who are largely twisting the dialogue instead of you know...reporting the news...

And that's my one political statement for the month...
BJWilliams wrote:I know this is a concert thread for you PH (Get well soon for that shoulder btw), but I really think all these people probably haven't read this "bathroom bill" and I think they all need need to do that...instead of knee jerk cancelling their shows and being spoonfed by the media who are largely twisting the dialogue instead of you know...reporting the news...

I'm pretty sure they've read it and are adamantly opposed to the language of the bill.
adam42381 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:I know this is a concert thread for you PH (Get well soon for that shoulder btw), but I really think all these people probably haven't read this "bathroom bill" and I think they all need need to do that...instead of knee jerk cancelling their shows and being spoonfed by the media who are largely twisting the dialogue instead of you know...reporting the news...

I'm pretty sure they've read it and are adamantly opposed to the language of the bill.
Their lead singer and a lot of their fans don't shower often so I'm not sure how seriously I take their bathroom protests
Followup question to my statement: Adam, do you honestly think that Pearl Jam, Bryan Adams, Bruce Springsteen, the leadership of Cirque de Soleil, et al. actually sat down and read the entire bill page by page, and understood what they were reading (remember these are lawyers or people who went to law school who are crafting these bills here) before making their respective decisions? Did their AGENTS even read the legislation?
BJWilliams wrote:Followup question to my statement: Adam, do you honestly think that Pearl Jam, Bryan Adams, Bruce Springsteen, the leadership of Cirque de Soleil, et al. actually sat down and read the entire bill page by page, and understood what they were reading (remember these are lawyers or people who went to law school who are crafting these bills here) before making their respective decisions? Did their AGENTS even read the legislation?
This has nothing to do with concerts. Take your toilet talk elsewhere :urinal
BJWilliams wrote:Followup question to my statement: Adam, do you honestly think that Pearl Jam, Bryan Adams, Bruce Springsteen, the leadership of Cirque de Soleil, et al. actually sat down and read the entire bill page by page, and understood what they were reading (remember these are lawyers or people who went to law school who are crafting these bills here) before making their respective decisions? Did their AGENTS even read the legislation?
You clearly have no idea how socially conscious Bruce Springsteen and the members of Pearl Jam are. Agree or disagree with their stances, but you can't accuse them of ignorance.
don't waste your breath.

you know he googled the names to begin with

he doesn't follow devil music
PAmedic wrote:don't waste your breath.

you know he googled the names to begin with

he doesn't follow devil music
Good point. Back to the music. My wife is having some health issues so we aren't going to the Alabama Shakes show tomorrow. We saw them a few years back and they put on a great live show.
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]