This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

adam42381 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
adam42381 wrote:The wife and I saw All Them Witches last Saturday in Charlotte. They were great. I went with some friends to see Between The Buried And Me last night in Winston-Salem. Not exactly my cup of tea, but they put on a heck of a show.
Where at in Winston? I’m always down there
Just saw this. The Ramkat. Decent little venue in the former new Ziggy’s.
Yeah I saw Kings X there just after they opened. We were up on the balcony. Nice little venue
adam42381 wrote:My dad and I are going to see Alabama w/ Charlie Daniels Band opening tonight in in Greensboro. Think this is my first country show since I went to see Travis Tritt back in 2000 w/ my roommates. We got pulled over by LUPD on the way back on campus after curfew and my roommate had to do a field sobriety test. We were stone cold sober.
Sounds like the LUPD that I remember so well. They loved to administer as many of those field sobriety tests as they could on anybody who showed up to the gate after curfew and dared to smile. The horror.
adam42381 wrote:My dad and I are going to see Alabama w/ Charlie Daniels Band opening tonight in in Greensboro.
I saw Alabama with the Oak Ridge Boys in Salem last month. It was great. Enjoy the concert!
alabama24 wrote:
adam42381 wrote:My dad and I are going to see Alabama w/ Charlie Daniels Band opening tonight in in Greensboro.
I saw Alabama with the Oak Ridge Boys in Salem last month. It was great. Enjoy the concert!
Charlie Daniels Band was (somewhat surprisingly) great. The band is very tight and they played a couple Santana-esque 15 minute jams. Alabama was pretty mediocre. Randy Owen (lead singer) seemed to be high on opiates or strong cold medication for the first hour of the show. At one point he sat on a stool and wrapped up in a sweater, pulling it over his head and scratching his head non-stop while the band kept playing. When he walked the stage, he looked like a zombie. He reminded me of the way Ozzy looked on stage toward the end of his career. It was kind of sad. My dad and I both mentioned afterward that we were concerned he might fall off stage at one point.
thepostman wrote:Where was my invite!!!????
If you’re in town I still have the ticket. They don’t come on for another hour
bigsmooth wrote: June 18th, 2019, 9:48 am im still waiting on a richard marx concert review..... :lol:
You laugh but he puts on a good show even if my man card took a hit!
Going to Stryper made up for it!
bigsmooth wrote: June 24th, 2019, 9:22 am well played....my real question is how are the acoustics in the facility?
Really good. He played one straight acoustic tune. Guitar completely unplugged and no mic. Heard it just fine
We braved the heat for Marty Stuart and the Fabulous Superlatives who opened for Steve Miller. Great move to push everything back about an hour or it would have been brutal. Marty Stuart really wasn’t my cup of tea but he had two or three songs we really liked. Steve Miller was fine. Loved that he played Homer Simpson singing The Joker before he performed it. Love what the City Auditorium group is trying to do.
I guess I did forget to add STRYPER to my list earlier. They played in the soon to be closed Phase 2. Literally the loudest concert I have ever been too. BUT the sound quality was spot on. I talked with a sound tech and he said STRYPER brought the most high quality stuff he’d ever seen there Michael Sweet can’t hit all the high notes he used to (his acoustic show is good too btw) but he’s still got his pipes. I absolutely LOVE their new stuff. A lot heavier than prior albums.
Monday - Iron Maiden
Bruce Dickinson is 60 years old. I’m not sure how I feel about that
Maiden was almost everything I’d hoped they’d be. You can tell they have a very organized disciplined approach. Which made their sound problems annoying. Bruce made a couple of non LU Way gestures to the sound crew off stage. There were also 2 or 3 times they were off beat. On one hand it’s not surprising given 3 guitars and a bass player to go along with a drummer and hyperkinetic lead singer. But you’ve also been doing it forever. They got back in sync and all was right with the world
The art work on the backdrops was amazing. Best in the business. Bruce can still hit the notes (and fly the bands jet after the show).
It is an interesting tour. They are playing all old stuff (no Wasted Years are you serious right now) which Dickinson does not like doing because they are supporting their video game, not an album. I found that interesting
Bucket list concert checked off the list
Haha. I mean at first I get weirded out seeing these guys in their 70’s. But now I’m seeing guys closer to my age. I mean Michael Sweet isn’t much older than me. Dickinson isn’t much older than Mrs purple. I’m going to Sebastian Bach in November and he’s YOUNGER than me. Crazy. But that’s how it goes
ElmersTwin wrote: August 4th, 2019, 12:46 pm
Purple Haize wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 9:30 pm Blue Ridge Rock Festival. Who’s going? I’m thinking Saturday only
6,000 tickets sold for that so far. Both stages are side by side, at least for the moment. It's gonna get cramped real quick there.
That’s why I’m thinking VIP if I do it
Purple Haize wrote: August 8th, 2019, 6:55 pm
RubberMallet wrote: August 8th, 2019, 12:43 pm going to slayer, primus, ministry in november. too old for this.
In Salem? Asheville?
Slayer put on a great show last summer with Lamb of God, Anthrax, Behemoth and Testament. Just watching the circle pit was worth the price of admission. Enjoy!
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]