This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
FFDP absolutely brought it... in your face, make your ears bleed rock n'roll. awesome

godsmack and korn were just as good. Zombie rocked as usual. unreal that dude is 50.

In This Moment was nuts Unbelievable stage show and that chick can scream.

just a wild time. One of the best shows I've seen overall.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Zombie and Korn. NICE
yeah MrsPA is a HUGE Zombie fan. and Korn but definitely RZ

FFDP/Korn/Zombie closed it out with 3 back to back insane shows.

12 hrs + total.

you would've collapsed
Last edited by PAmedic on October 15th, 2015, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can hold my own at a rock show. I would have paced myself for Korn and Zombie. LOVE Falling Away!

You think they have a full time Chiropractor on tour? Sorta like a Roadie?
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
Purple...I just heard that Journey and the Doobie Brothers are playing at the Walnut Creek Amphitheater in Raleigh next June!
HenryGale wrote:Purple...I just heard that Journey and the Doobie Brothers are playing at the Walnut Creek Amphitheater in Raleigh next June!
Yep. Already got that notification
Also Elton John will be playing in Roanoke and Charlottesville.
By LUDad
Purple Haize wrote:
HenryGale wrote:Purple...I just heard that Journey and the Doobie Brothers are playing at the Walnut Creek Amphitheater in Raleigh next June!
Went to EJ concert in 70's. Best concert ever. Saw him in Vegas a few years ago. Lost a ton of vocal range. Made too many jokes about incontinence...
LUDad wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Went to EJ concert in 70's. Best concert ever. Saw him in Vegas a few years ago. Lost a ton of vocal range. Made too many jokes about incontinence...
I was at his last concert in Roanoke and was at the Winston Salem one with our very own JFLJR! I thought they were great shows. I'd love to see the Vegas show
By LUDad
Purple, if you get a chance to see him in Vegas, choose bottom side seats. My wife & I were trying to decide between side seats down low or in front higher up. We choose the later since the view was obstructed in the lower side seats. On last set he invited both low side sections to come on stage. They were having a ball interacting with the band and taking selfie's with EJ at the piano while he was singing. Wish we had a do over.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:Purple, if you get a chance to see him in Vegas, choose bottom side seats. My wife & I were trying to decide between side seats down low or in front higher up. We choose the later since the view was obstructed in the lower side seats. On last set he invited both low side sections to come on stage. They were having a ball interacting with the band and taking selfie's with EJ at the piano while he was singing. Wish we had a do over.
There's a joke here...
LUDad wrote:Purple, if you get a chance to see him in Vegas, choose bottom side seats. My wife & I were trying to decide between side seats down low or in front higher up. We choose the later since the view was obstructed in the lower side seats. On last set he invited both low side sections to come on stage. They were having a ball interacting with the band and taking selfie's with EJ at the piano while he was singing. Wish we had a do over.
Good to know. I'm itching to go to Vegas but can't right now
mulling over tool/primus in st louis. buddy scored a good number of tickets....i'm too old for all those smelly people
RubberMallet wrote:mulling over tool/primus in st louis. buddy scored a good number of tickets....i'm too old for all those smelly people
Not really a Primus fan but have a soft spot for Tool. Still am awed by their first video

[youtube]
[/youtube]
AC/DC has announced another leg of their US tour. Looks like Mrs Purple and I will be attending the one in Greensboro!
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:AC/DC has announced another leg of their US tour. Looks like Mrs Purple and I will be attending the one in Greensboro!
Looks like I'm gonna have to grab some tickets as well. Thanks for the heads up!
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
We're seeing a band called Graveyard on Saturday in Asheville. Bought tickets to two Pearl Jam shows (Greenville with the wife, Raleigh with my brother). Also seeing Alabama Shakes in Charlotte. If I manage to swing the ACDC tickets, I'm in for a solid run of shows.
adam42381 wrote:We're seeing a band called Graveyard on Saturday in Asheville. Bought tickets to two Pearl Jam shows (Greenville with the wife, Raleigh with my brother). Also seeing Alabama Shakes in Charlotte. If I manage to swing the ACDC tickets, I'm in for a solid run of shows.
That's a nice run. I might see you at AC/DC if you go to Greensboro.
If Pearljam were closer I'd go. But I think the closest is Raleigh on a weeknight.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
adam42381 wrote:We're seeing a band called Graveyard on Saturday in Asheville. Bought tickets to two Pearl Jam shows (Greenville with the wife, Raleigh with my brother). Also seeing Alabama Shakes in Charlotte. If I manage to swing the ACDC tickets, I'm in for a solid run of shows.
If Pearljam were closer I'd go. But I think the closest is Raleigh on a weeknight.
Yeah, it's on a Wednesday. Just checked the secondary markets and prices are out of my range for AC/DC. Same thing for Tool/Primus. Also, it's time for a new thread for this year.
adam42381 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Yeah, it's on a Wednesday. Just checked the secondary markets and prices are out of my range for AC/DC. Same thing for Tool/Primus. Also, it's time for a new thread for this year.
How can you have a price Range for ACDC last concert?
Good point. New thread
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
So I hear Elton John is going to be in the area--TWICE!
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:How can you have a price Range for ACDC last concert?
I can't bring myself to pay $140/each for top row of the upper deck. They should have called it quits when Malcolm retired two years ago. Now they're touring without him and Phil Rudd. Sure, it's Angus' band, but I can't pay top dollar to see them at this point.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]