This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Look up Christmas in Dixie on YouTube and play it. If it doesn't bring a tear to your eyes, you may not have a heart.

Merry Christmas to you also.
If tears of boredom count I have a heart the size of Texas
The stars at night!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
had a very metal Christmas this year

[youtube]coq9HcxtYGI[/youtube]

Album is a couple years old but still rocks. Probably not for most on here tho...
By CCWMichael
PAmedic wrote:had a very metal Christmas this year

[youtube]coq9HcxtYGI[/youtube]

Album is a couple years old but still rocks. Probably not for most on here tho...
Ballcoah15 is pulling out his Beats.
Anything by Bob Rivers is flat out funny.
My favorite Feliz Navidad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrLUDxNpf-I

[youtube]PrLUDxNpf-I[/youtube]
Saw Metallica last night in Raleigh. My biggest take away is that I’m closer to 50 than 15!

It was a decent show. The jokes about Lars not being able to keep time came to life for three or four songs.
Definitely their most elaborate stage show since .....and Justice For All
Sad But True might be my favorite song and I literally felt it. My rib cage rattled
Best rendition of One I’ve seen in a long time. Probably because I just saw They Shall not Grow Old. But on their screens they should a bunch of WW1 photos which added poignancy.
I did get to hear Fight Fire With Fire and ibe never heard that live before
I would bet real money they turned the volume up the last 1/3 of the show. And I’m totally ok with that
They genuinely love their fans and it shows
PNC Arena is the second worst place I’ve seen a Concert. That award goes to Wake. But I got to the complex to park a little before 7. I got to my seat a little after 830. I got to my car at 1120. Left the parking lot at 1230 ridiculous
Concessions were super pricey but my adult soda with grilled cheese brisket and tots were delicious!!
Last edited by Purple Haize on January 29th, 2019, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Concessions were super pricey but my adult sofa with grilled cheese brisket and tots were delicious!!
Did they set it on FIRE like they do in Morgantown? :lol:
thepostman wrote:PNC is a terrible arena in general. I can't imagine how bad a concert would be there but I guess if you're old and can't hear very well anymore it doesn't matter :lol:
What? :oldhag
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Now I don't want to blow what little street cred Haize has these days, but I am curious about his thoughts on the C-Ville show that was outside of his typical genres. What did you think?
Sly Fox wrote:Now I don't want to blow what little street cred Haize has these days, but I am curious about his thoughts on the C-Ville show that was outside of his typical genres. What did you think?
Haha. I think I summed it up in my last post. 5 Bands. 0 Explosions. But Mrs Purple had a blast!
bigsmooth wrote:big contrast from head banging music to Christian.....I hope your spirit was moved....
We had Chipotle before so something was certainly moving. Mrs Purple has seen 3 of my top5 all time favorite Bands so the least I can do is see her favorite artist with her twice. I like MWS because of past interactions dating back to college. As for the rest.....
I'm trying to decide if Steve Miller Band / Marty Stuart is worth $50 a ticket playing at the Riverside in Lynchburg this July....
HenryGale wrote:I'm trying to decide if Steve Miller Band / Marty Stuart is worth $50 a ticket playing at the Riverside in Lynchburg this July....
I think it is
Purple Haize wrote:
HenryGale wrote:I'm trying to decide if Steve Miller Band / Marty Stuart is worth $50 a ticket playing at the Riverside in Lynchburg this July....
I think it is
Are you going?
HenryGale wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
I think it is
Are you going?
Most likely. Mrs Purple liked the Steve Miller songs I played for her. We have no idea who Marty Stuart is. Plus, I have a tie in with the folks putting it on
Purple Haize wrote:
I think it is
Love me some SMB, but the band has not been the same since Norton Buffalo passed on.
oldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
I think it is
Love me some SMB, but the band has not been the same since Norton Buffalo passed on.
Yeah. That can be said about a lot of bands at this point in their/our lives. :)
Most likely. Mrs Purple liked the Steve Miller songs I played for her. We have no idea who Marty Stuart is. Plus, I have a tie in with the folks putting it on[/quote]

In the words of the kids: "You need to hook a brother up" :)
The wife and I saw All Them Witches last Saturday in Charlotte. They were great. I went with some friends to see Between The Buried And Me last night in Winston-Salem. Not exactly my cup of tea, but they put on a heck of a show.
adam42381 wrote:The wife and I saw All Them Witches last Saturday in Charlotte. They were great. I went with some friends to see Between The Buried And Me last night in Winston-Salem. Not exactly my cup of tea, but they put on a heck of a show.
Where at in Winston? I’m always down there
Purple Haize wrote:
adam42381 wrote:The wife and I saw All Them Witches last Saturday in Charlotte. They were great. I went with some friends to see Between The Buried And Me last night in Winston-Salem. Not exactly my cup of tea, but they put on a heck of a show.
Where at in Winston? I’m always down there
Just saw this. The Ramkat. Decent little venue in the former new Ziggy’s.
My dad and I are going to see Alabama w/ Charlie Daniels Band opening tonight in in Greensboro. Think this is my first country show since I went to see Travis Tritt back in 2000 w/ my roommates. We got pulled over by LUPD on the way back on campus after curfew and my roommate had to do a field sobriety test. We were stone cold sober.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]