This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

adam42381 wrote:The wife and I are seeing Dinosaur Jr. at The Orange Peel in Asheville on Sunday. She's a trooper.
I'm seeing Otherwise and someone else Friday
PAmedic wrote:We saw In This Moment, Rob Zombie and Korn Friday nite in Camden

Friggin awesome
At your height, could you really 'see'?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
yeah I was actually surprised it wasn't louder

that may be a bad sign

I could feel it as well as I could hear it tho

and my neck still hurts
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:yeah I was actually surprised it wasn't louder

that may be a bad sign

I could feel it as well as I could hear it tho

and my neck still hurts
I was happy to see Korn's lead singers hairline receding!! And I wonder how much their traveling chiropractor makes?
RZ is just awesome
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
WHAT THE CRAP !!!!!

So I couldn't make convo today to hear Head Welch. No problem, right? I'll pick up the live stream. But NOOOO. It's a replay from the 16th. What is up with that? Boooooo whoever is in charge of stuff like that. You are now on :flamingdevil 'List'.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
going to see Amity Affliction in Janesville WI in OCT. they are a good band in album production but i'm a bit worried they will stink live.

i came across a video i had done of As i Lay Dying at cornerstone. i watched that with the kids and they were like, thats gross daddy.

i also had the entire Zao set which was pretty awesome.
Cheap Trick. Not bad. Wife really enjoyed. Played most of their hits. Not bad for being in their upper 60's

Tomorrow is Bob Dylan. I'm going in with the expectation of not being able to understand a single word
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Cheap Trick. Not bad. Wife really enjoyed. Played most of their hits. Not bad for being in their upper 60's

Tomorrow is Bob Dylan. I'm going in with the expectation of not being able to understand a single word
I wanted to take my daughter (named Dylan) last night because it was her birthday, but my wife said she's too young.
adam42381 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Cheap Trick. Not bad. Wife really enjoyed. Played most of their hits. Not bad for being in their upper 60's

I wanted to take my daughter (named Dylan) last night because it was her birthday, but my wife said she's too young.
Funny you mention that. My wife and I commented on the fact we saw lots (for a concert) of kids there. I'd say a dozen or so under 12. We though it odd but there was no cursing and if you think they really ARE talking about 'Big Eyes" and "she's Tight" because she's one of a kind.....
Are you going to Dylan tonight?
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
adam42381 wrote:

Funny you mention that. My wife and I commented on the fact we saw lots (for a concert) of kids there. I'd say a dozen or so under 12. We though it odd but there was no cursing and if you think they really ARE talking about 'Big Eyes" and "she's Tight" because she's one of a kind.....
Are you going to Dylan tonight?
Sorry, I meant the Bob Dylan show in Durham, not Cheap Trick. My post wasn't very clear.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Gotcha. I've heard 0 good reviews of a Dylan concert. It's more like a Rite of Passage thing I think
I'm a big Dylan fan, but you've heard correctly. We saw him 3 years ago when he toured with Bob Weir, My Morning Jacket and Wilco. He was the worst of the four, easily. The lyrics and arrangements were unintelligible. It's a rite of passage thing, just keep the expectations at zero. That said, I've heard his American Songbook stuff hasn't been awful, so if he's playing that, it may be slightly less than terrible. I've wasted money on worse things than seeing seeing Bob Dylan live. I'd go again, just for the odd chance he was "on" that night.
adam42381 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Gotcha. I've heard 0 good reviews of a Dylan concert. It's more like a Rite of Passage thing I think
I'm a big Dylan fan, but you've heard correctly. We saw him 3 years ago when he toured with Bob Weir, My Morning Jacket and Wilco. He was the worst of the four, easily. The lyrics and arrangements were unintelligible. It's a rite of passage thing, just keep the expectations at zero. That said, I've heard his American Songbook stuff hasn't been awful, so if he's playing that, it may be slightly less than terrible. I've wasted money on worse things than seeing seeing Bob Dylan live. I'd go again, just for the odd chance he was "on" that night.
Well, it was...interesting. I was actually surprised I could understand more of the lyrics than I thought. What I was really unprepared for was how differently he arranged his songs. If you like them on the albums, you may not like them live. Or even realize he played them live. They are THAT different. Walking out people around me were upset he didn't play 'Blowin in the Wind'. I pointed out, in fact he did play it as his first encore number. No one believed me till older hippie dude backed me up. But that's sort of my pet peeve. We liked your song the way we heard it on the album. I understand a little creativity live which can be cool. I can understand it has to suck playing the same song for decades (see Piano Man, Jack and Diane). But to completely rearrange it to the point its unrecognizable is baffling to me. However, in this case it's Bob Dylan. When you're Bob Dylan, you can do whatever you want. I don't have to like it, because you don't have to prove anything to me. But I just wish it would have been truer to the album version
I liked it. I'm glad I went. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't go again
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
So the first concert of the Magical Musical Tour 2017 addition has just been confirmed ALICE COOPER Salem Va April 27.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]