This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

PAmedic wrote:only one locked in right now is Korn/Zombie/In This Moment

Camden- Sept 2

gonna rock
I have a buddie who is thinking of going to that show. I might look into it. Keep me posted.

This may be our lightest concert series since we started. I do think we are done with Bristow if there are other options. Distance wise it may be similar to Raleigh but it's a much more difficult drive.
Wow. Prince has died. I actually met him and his significant other when I was working in DC. He was very tiny. He was a musical genius whose music was years ahead of the curve.
1999 and Purple Rain were fabrics of growing up in the 80's.
If you ever go to Vegas, Purple Reign was a great Tribute act and even had Morris Day and The Time Tribute
Rest in peace.

[youtube]
[/youtube]

EDIT: Thanks to whoever fixed the link. I can never remember how to post videos using the sensitive software on this board.
Dude could flat out shred. Too bad we didn't to see mor eof that from him.

PS - The broadcast mix on that clip was awful. They missed big portions of Prince's bridge and Steve Winwood might has well have been a statue. You couldn't hear his keys. Even still that was an epic tribute to the old Wilbury.
16 years, 112 days late................ Party over. Out of time.

Rumors are he had mass quantities of unreleased stuff in the can at Paísley Park. Hopefully it includes him showing off the crazy guitar skills we got to hear so little of.
BJWilliams wrote:Prince is probably top 5 no worse than top 10 best guitar player ever I think
By far the most under rated
BJWilliams wrote:Prince is probably top 5 no worse than top 10 best guitar player ever I think
Probably not. But, any time someone dies, hyperbole typically happens.
ALUmnus wrote:
I am not sure it is hyperbole I think you could make a legitimate case for it
Honest question, BJ: Do you/did you actually listen to Prince's music or are you just repeating what has already been said multiple times online? There's no snark intended here. I just didn't know you were that into guitar driven music.
ALUmnus wrote:
In many cases, yes. In this case, I don't know. Prince was a legitimate musical genius who could play pretty much any instrument in almost any genre.
adam42381 wrote:
Honest question, BJ: Do you/did you actually listen to Prince's music or are you just repeating what has already been said multiple times online? There's no snark intended here. I just didn't know you were that into guitar driven music.
There's a lot of things you don't know about me adam...I actually did listen to Prince...and Santana and some Jimi Hendrix as well. Somebody mentioned Rick Rhodes on a local show here. Slash and morello are probably on that list as well
you had a chance at credibility and lost it. Slash isn't close to Top 25 all time. Rick Rhodes is a soap opera star Randy Rhodes was a guitar officianado taken too early Tom Morello was part of a great band during that genres emergence but not Top 10'or 25 all time
BJWilliams wrote:
adam42381 wrote:
There's a lot of things you don't know about me adam...I actually did listen to Prince...and Santana and some Jimi Hendrix as well. Somebody mentioned Rick Rhodes on a local show here. Slash and morello are probably on that list as well
I had no idea. I apologize for making assumptions. I've never heard of Rick Rhodes.
I may have messed the name up but apparently he worked with Ozzy Osbourne. I was never a huge fan of hard rock but I definitely enjoyed an awesome guitar line and especially an outstanding bass line
BJWilliams wrote:I may have messed the name up but apparently he worked with Ozzy Osbourne. I was never a huge fan of hard rock but I definitely enjoyed an awesome guitar line and especially an outstanding bass line
Yeah, that's Randy Rhoades and he was really good. If you like good guitars and outstanding bass, you probably would have loved Led Zeppelin and The Who.
BJWilliams wrote:I may have messed the name up but apparently he worked with Ozzy Osbourne. I was never a huge fan of hard rock but I definitely enjoyed an awesome guitar line and especially an outstanding bass line
'Apparently' worked with Ozzy? Have you heard Crazy Train? That's Randy Rhoads. Heck , Ozzy has worked with 2 people you could arguably put on the Top 10 list
Jimmy Page on guitar is a master
Entwistle was also a sublime virtuosos on the bass
Purple Haize wrote:
'Apparently' worked with Ozzy? Have you heard Crazy Train? That's Randy Rhoads. Heck , Ozzy has worked with 2 people you could arguably put on the Top 10 list
Jimmy Page on guitar is a master
Entwistle was also a sublime virtuosos on the bass
John Paul Jones was/is amazing.
By Kiwon
I take it back.....Drugs are cool!

Tell'em Prince.........Prince!.......Prince!.........Hey, why don't you say something!

(Oops......sorry....right message, wrong thread)
Kiwon wrote:I take it back.....Drugs are cool!

Tell'em Prince.........Prince!.......Prince!.........Hey, why don't you say something!

He certainly was a talented individual
Kiwon wrote:I take it back.....Drugs are cool!

You seem like a terrible person.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:you had a chance at credibility and lost it. Slash isn't close to Top 25 all time. Rick Rhodes is a soap opera star Randy Rhodes was a guitar officianado taken too early Tom Morello was part of a great band during that genres emergence but not Top 10'or 25 all time
Thank you for bringing some sanity to the discussion (for once!).
ALUmnus wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:you had a chance at credibility and lost it. Slash isn't close to Top 25 all time. Rick Rhodes is a soap opera star Randy Rhodes was a guitar officianado taken too early Tom Morello was part of a great band during that genres emergence but not Top 10'or 25 all time
Thank you for bringing some sanity to the discussion (for once!).
Sanity oozes from my pores!
I'm no expert I will admit but my tastes do extend a bit further than Victory in Jesus, Gaither homecoming tour, Kirk Franklin, D.C. talk and Michael W. Smith.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]